Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Steve Johnson - Geelong Cats

Position: FWD

Price: $501,100 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 20

2012 Games: 21

2011 Average: 107.1

2012 Average: 97.4 (102 if you remove his sub-affected 1)

2012 Tons: 8 (and 4 x 95+)

Summary: Another solid year from Stevie J. Took on more of a midfield role, averaging 130 between rounds 6-10, including scores of 163, 148 & 150 in this period! Proven scorer with averages of 95, 92, 99, 95, 107 & 97 over the last 6 years, and will be nicely underpriced thanks to that sub-affected 1. May be hard for most people to fit him in with the 'Mid-priced forward strategy' with the likes of LeCras, Gray, Sylvia, Bock, Knights etc all providing great value...

Verdict: In my side atm. Although he can be inconsistent, he more than makes up for it with his monster scores. He will be underpriced and I look forward to another 100+ average.

Ad's predicted average: 102

Hagebear

Yeh will be tough to make sure u get your forward premo's spot on comme round 1 this year. Will most likely be in and out of my team before round 1.

Windigo

Easily still a top 7 forward and will be in my side from the start or at some stage during the season.  ;)

Spinking

With more time in the mids now SJ is a lock for me.

henry

Locked for me too. Him and buddy as 2 premiums then the rest midpricers in the forwardline is what I'm considering at the moment.

Shihan7

Heppell21

Adamant

Yeah, thanks guys  :)
Can see him playing the same MID role quite regularly next year.

POK252

lock for me ATM. Depends on whether there will be any surprise DPP's though

Footy_Boiz

Nice write up
Forgot about his sub affected game, makes him underpriced, lock him in at this stage

mx187

Quote from: Adamant on September 18, 2012, 03:06:14 AM
Can see him playing the same MID role quite regularly next year.
Nice write up Ada.
With more midfield time will be in my forward line for sure(would probably be there even without extra midfield time).

Master Q

Might give him a starting position. Not sure yet...

Ricochet

good write up mate
still has a good couple of years left in him
definitely an upgrade target for me

Football Factory

Quote from: Spinking on September 16, 2012, 04:17:21 PM
With more time in the mids now SJ is a lock for me.
See what sort of role he plays in the NAB. If he is getting some midfield time again ill be locking him in. I was quite worried not having him last year when he started playing a midfield role. Was a great POD i thought

Cicjose

only averaged more than 100 in one season over his career and

with the cats on the slide cant see it happening again