Collingwood v Sydney

Started by McRooster, September 15, 2012, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbagrocks

Quote from: ossie85 on September 16, 2012, 03:03:18 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 16, 2012, 02:51:49 PM
You will get tickets ;) a massive Stadium in a rugby state :o

Reckon so, but Pies fans are crazy.

Went to the Swans v Roos Final a few years ago at ANZ, less than 20 thousand showed up, was pathetic!
;D
consider yourselves very lucky to be playing there lads how lucky can you get in an "away" prelim, and the 6 day break is only justice, about time the woods had some hard luck ::)

ossie85

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 16, 2012, 03:09:58 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 16, 2012, 03:03:18 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 16, 2012, 02:51:49 PM
You will get tickets ;) a massive Stadium in a rugby state :o

Reckon so, but Pies fans are crazy.

Went to the Swans v Roos Final a few years ago at ANZ, less than 20 thousand showed up, was pathetic!
;D
consider yourselves very lucky to be playing there lads how lucky can you get in an "away" prelim, and the 6 day break is only justice, about time the woods had some hard luck ::)

Of course if we win we get an extra day than Hawks/Crows despite finishing 4th....

Cruiseon

First Pies final Os? Wow, that will be great for you.

I can't begin to descibe how the G was shaking on Sat night. Only 65,000 but everyone was so involved possibly due to some early controversies, like many others I came home horse. It was rocking.

What kind of crowd will they get up there? Been awhile since they had such a big home final, maybe 60,000?

McRooster

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 16, 2012, 06:00:21 AM
Heath and rhyce ;)
Quote from: naste on September 16, 2012, 01:16:04 PM
Quote from: McRooster on September 16, 2012, 01:01:45 AM
Quote from: Cruiseon on September 16, 2012, 12:58:25 AM

Barring injury there will be a Reid & Shaw in the Grand Final for the third year in a row.
Didn't you watch Friday night's game Cruise - sam Shaw came off with a hamstring, no chance of playing in the GF  ;)

Think was said with tongue in cheek
Very firmly  ;)

Fireballz

Quote from: Cruiseon on September 16, 2012, 10:46:39 PM
Only 65,000 but everyone was so involved possibly due to some early controversies, like many others I came home horse. It was rocking.
Not sure if you did it on purpose, but the rocking horse pun was sensational cruise  :P

ossie85

Quote from: Cruiseon on September 16, 2012, 10:46:39 PM

First Pies final Os? Wow, that will be great for you.

I can't begin to descibe how the G was shaking on Sat night. Only 65,000 but everyone was so involved possibly due to some early controversies, like many others I came home horse. It was rocking.

What kind of crowd will they get up there? Been awhile since they had such a big home final, maybe 60,000?

I was at AAMI park for the 2010 Premiership win, but couldn't get into the ground, and that was a good enough atmosphere, and have been to an ANZAC day clash before with over 90,000 people...

But this should be something else, I reckon they'll push 70k. Hopefully more Pies than Swans!

Ziplock

I'll probably try to make a show in red and white :P

Ringo

Honestly do not know who to support in this one.  My Brother who lives in Sydney is a strong Swans Supporter so he will have family bragging rights or Collingwood who as a Lions fan we have intense rivalry with going back to our finals. Hoping for a very exciting game though.

Cruiseon

So many items which will impact this game not least an emotional funeral and a 6 day break but the biggest of all is the week off.

Sydney rghtfully deserve this benefit but recent history shows its very difficult for the team without the break to come through. I would back the Pies every time against Sydney and their record is amazing but I honestly think the Swans will go in favourites.

ossie85

Tickets purchased :)

Very keen

Cruiseon

Quote from: ossie85 on September 18, 2012, 01:06:04 PM

Tickets purchased :)

Very keen

Give em hell Os! I expect you to be so horse that you will be unable to type on Saturday morning.

Colliwobblers

Sydney doesn't beat Collingwood.

fingers crossed behind back touching wood and a little bit of trepidation to say the least....

Fletch74

stew42

Well, today is the day. Let the less bogan team win!!!

ossie85

Quote from: stew42 on September 21, 2012, 11:25:50 AM
Well, today is the day. Let the less bogan team win!!!

No fair stew42, you shouldn't snipe other teams without listing your own! Profile has you as 'unlisted' lol