Main Menu

Collingwood v Sydney

Started by McRooster, September 15, 2012, 11:30:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 21, 2012, 02:33:04 PM
Pies will have at least 50% i reckon - best supporters in the league :) GO PIES!

pies were impressive, the supporters not so much. Firstly, you guys made up only about 25%, so major over estimate, but the most pathetic thing was seeing 1/3 of the pies supproters leave halfway through q4- that's a shameful display for a team that put on their best effort.

Cruiseon

Pretty negative Zip. I guessed 30% pre game, given there are always 10-15% neutrals like yourself having 15,000 fans at an away game it great by any standards, in any sport, anywhere around the world.

As I said I'm proud to support Collingwood especially given the dignity the Club has shown recently, not to mention the never give up mentality which is all one wants as a fan.

We'll regroup but the force is strong!

Colliwobblers

+1

Fans shouldn't leave before he end of a game, that is a bit average, but we see it week after week at most home grounds don't we...

Pies were not at their best but nor were Sydney, Sydney will be a worthy competitor for the GF and may just have a shot if they can lift a little and pull it all together.

Where did LRT come from - solid game.

ossie85

I'll put my hand up and say I left early, really had no desire to wait in a line for a train until  after midnight with cheering Swans fans!

The players were flat and tired, so I disagree with Zip saying they put on there best effort. It was dismal to be honest. Especially since it turned out to be Tarrant's last game. Good season boys and well done, but that game should never be watched again.

Sorry for lack of updates Cruise, the crowd (of 57k) says more about the lack of Swans support than the Pies, but it was a good atmosphere.

Capper

Quote from: ossie85 on September 21, 2012, 12:01:54 PM
Quote from: stew42 on September 21, 2012, 11:25:50 AM
Well, today is the day. Let the less bogan team win!!!

No fair stew42, you shouldn't snipe other teams without listing your own! Profile has you as 'unlisted' lol
didnt realise stew was unlisted. I knew he was a swans fan

Capper

Quote from: Jayman on September 21, 2012, 11:03:57 PM
Nick Smith kicked that goal. To not even go to a review is flowering ridiculous!!!
true but the goal  ump was on the spot and they probably would have backed their decision

Capper

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 22, 2012, 10:29:49 AM
+1

Fans shouldn't leave before he end of a game, that is a bit average, but we see it week after week at most home grounds don't we...

Pies were not at their best but nor were Sydney, Sydney will be a worthy competitor for the GF and may just have a shot if they can lift a little and pull it all together.

LRT has been there all year. About 3 months ago Swans fans were calling for him to be dropped on the bigfooty forums. He has then picked up his game and transformed from a forward tag to a tall forward that can go back. Whatlez is part of the LRT fan club after LRT kicked 4 against the Suns. Was in the right position last night to kick his 2 goals

Capper

Quote from: ossie85 on September 22, 2012, 01:08:12 PM
that game should never be watched again.

watching it for the 3rd time right now

Colliwobblers

Quote from: tabs on September 22, 2012, 03:00:03 PM
+1

LRT has been there all year. About 3 months ago Swans fans were calling for him to be dropped on the bigfooty forums. He has then picked up his game and transformed from a forward tag to a tall forward that can go back. Whatlez is part of the LRT fan club after LRT kicked 4 against the Suns. Was in the right position last night to kick his 2 goals

Yeah, well his form is up and down and he will and has never been elite.

BUT, I take my hat off and give credit and respect to a player that stands up in big games and under pressure and I think LRT had a solid game and his head for the game, footy smarts and in general his acts under pressure impressed me.

That plus the contested footy from the Swans in general, as Bucks said they owned everywhere within 10 meters of that Sherrin.

Don't get me started on Jetta, makes you laugh at the talk of the game moving in a direction that has no place for those "speedy burst players" (yes some indigenous - which is irrelevant imo). but caused the fuss.....

Change the game however you want with the bench and subs, but there will ALWAYS be a place for that bloke!

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on September 22, 2012, 02:51:53 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 21, 2012, 11:03:57 PM
Nick Smith kicked that goal. To not even go to a review is flowering ridiculous!!!
true but the goal  ump was on the spot and they probably would have backed their decision

yeah, that was pretty aggravating.

funniest thing was when the ball came off that collingwood players knee, they went to review and declared it a behind... the pies supporters went so feral lol.

I was just like- ... there's no doubt in it... clearly came off the top of his knee mate.

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 22, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
+1

BUT, I take my hat off and give credit and respect to a player that stands up in big games and under pressure and I think LRT had a solid game and his head for the game, footy smarts and in general his acts under pressure impressed me.

That plus the contested footy from the Swans in general, as Bucks said they owned everywhere within 10 meters of that Sherrin.

Don't get me started on Jetta, makes you laugh at the talk of the game moving in a direction that has no place for those "speedy burst players" (yes some indigenous - which is irrelevant imo). but caused the fuss.....

Change the game however you want with the bench and subs, but there will ALWAYS be a place for that bloke!

Jetta is a freak lol. I mean, he didn't take enough bounces, which I didnt even notice at the time, but as soon as he got the ball in space like that I was already yelling- GOALLLLLL!

Ricochet

unlucky boys. really thought you would win last night
but boy the swans looked good

stew42

Quote from: tabs on September 22, 2012, 02:45:40 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 21, 2012, 12:01:54 PM
Quote from: stew42 on September 21, 2012, 11:25:50 AM
Well, today is the day. Let the less bogan team win!!!

No fair stew42, you shouldn't snipe other teams without listing your own! Profile has you as 'unlisted' lol
didnt realise stew was unlisted. I knew he was a swans fan
I would've thought my profile pic gave it away...

blue

Cant say i didnt enjoy the result, sould make for a cracking grand final, pie only really put on 15min of good football. but on a side note how far has beams gone past sidey in the last half of the season

Ringo

Quote from: Colliwobblers on September 22, 2012, 03:25:57 PM
+1

Agree with you Collie I always enjoy watching these speedy types take the game on.  That is why I really rate Josh Green for Lions a number of times this year he has done that as well.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: blue on September 23, 2012, 01:42:13 AM
Cant say i didnt enjoy the result, sould make for a cracking grand final, pie only really put on 15min of good football. but on a side note how far has beams gone past sidey in the last half of the season

How far has Beams gone past all the Pies midfielders....  Swan still better in core strength and a little in "smarts"

and pendles may still have an edge on Beams at finding that bit of space and time and being effective, but for mine Beams is a season away from being the best and the favorite next season for the Brownlow... maybe along with dangermouse

@ Ringo, yeah J Green should slide into the team on wing / outside runner, could see plenty of burger - redden - green - run - goal !