Rank your top NBA stars

Started by Jay, September 15, 2012, 09:35:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

ESPN counting down their top NBA players has inspired me...here is my top 10, feel free to join in :)

1. Lebron James - arguably the most talented player to ever play the game. Not the best of all time because of his lack of clutch and his streaky jump-shooting. In saying that, he is no doubt the best player atm and when he is driving to the basket you have no hope of stopping him.

2. Kevin Durant -  haven't seen a scorer as good as him at his age. Will pass Lebron in a couple of years

3. Derrick Rose - when fit he is the best player at the PG spot, him being named the MVP of 2011 proved this

4. Chris Paul - best in the league at creating offence. Should take Clippers to Western Conference challengers

5. Kevin Love - the double double king. Had a 30 and 30 game...haven't seen his kind if numbers since Wilt days...2013 MVP smokey

6. Kobe Bryant - age shall not weary him. Still the 2nd best scorer in the league and with Nash feeding him the ball and Dwight getting him extra offensive chances may improve on last year

7. Dwayne Wade - tough choice between him and Kobe. D-Wade is still a gun and although had a down 2012, he is the 2nd best SG and is the barometer of Miamj

8. Andrew Bynum - may be a bit of a surprise to some but I rate Bynum over D-12. Offensively he is far superior and doesn't go missing in clutch situations. His post-moves are near unstoppable

9. Rajon Rondo - triple double king. Puts up 'Big O' type numbers. Is now the star of the Celtics and with an improved jump shot is another MVP smokey. His ball-fakes are close to unstoppable also

10. Dwight Howard - would be cruel not to have him in top 10. Still one if the best defensive players in the game and has the potential to dominate games

Please comment on my top 10 and list your own

Jayman

Master Q

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on September 15, 2012, 09:48:40 PM
Howard at 10? No Carmelo!?
yeah Howard at 10. Probably a little harsh but can't see who I would push down...I stand by my Bynum > Howard view however

I love Carmelo...really think he is a top 10 player but just didn't do it for me last season :-\

Holz

will work on the list. but at this stage.

1. Lebron James: His year this year was the most dominant I have ever seen. Whats amazing was for a guy who scores as much as he does, his point scoring was not his strength but his passing. Can play anywhere but C and for once he lived up to his potential. If he can work on his perimeter shooting, than he can take his game to another level. If your coming up against him the best thing to do is join his team, Allen is a smart man. Clear number 1.

2. Durrant

3. Paul

4. Bryant

5. Rose

6. Melo

7. Howard

8. Wade

9. Rondo

10. Love

Jay

Quote from: Holzman on September 15, 2012, 10:07:20 PM
will work on the list. but at this stage.

1. Lebron James: His year this year was the most dominant I have ever seen. Whats amazing was for a guy who scores as much as he does, his point scoring was not his strength but his passing. Can play anywhere but C and for once he lived up to his potential. If he can work on his perimeter shooting, than he can take his game to another level. If your coming up against him the best thing to do is join his team, Allen is a smart man. Clear number 1.

agreed mate. Scary to think that there is still many things he can improve on. example: he is probably a below-average jump shooter & I'd like him too take the last shot in games as well. Clear No.1 but I'd prefer giving KD the ball in closing moments. That's irrelevant to this conversation though

tbagrocks

Anthony, Nowitsky and Westbrook?

James for me at one

but I love the way Derrick Rose playes ;D

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 15, 2012, 10:12:37 PM
Anthony, Nowitsky and Westbrook?

James for me at one

but I love the way Derrick Rose playes ;D
as stated before, Melo unlucky to miss out, he is no.11 for me (just because it's been a while and he doesn't have a ring + a disappointing 2012)

Dirk not top 10 player any more honestly

Westbrook!?!? You kidding me!!! Hate him with a passion...arguably the most selfish player in the NBA. Magic Johnson himself said Russ is the worst PG to ever play in the NBA Finals :o big call but flower he has no b-ball IQ. Often takes more shots than the best scorer in the game (Durant) that's just crazy. OKC could've beater Miami if Russ played more of a distributor role. Westbrook Rant Over

Master Q

Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2012, 09:54:22 PM
yeah Howard at 10. Probably a little harsh but can't see who I would push down...I stand by my Bynum > Howard view however

I love Carmelo...really think he is a top 10 player but just didn't do it for me last season :-\
Howard is better than Bynum. As much as I love Love  :P, I also think Howard is better than him...

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on September 15, 2012, 10:18:38 PM
Quote from: Jayman on September 15, 2012, 09:54:22 PM

Howard is better than Bynum. As much as I love Love  :P, I also think Howard is better than him...
sorry but I can't agree with you on that one Master

Master Q

Why would the Lakers bring in Howard then  ::)

He will lead the Lakers to the championship...

Jay

Quote from: Master Q on September 15, 2012, 10:28:57 PM

Because it obviously wasnt working with Bynum (more of an offensive centre) hence they needed to roll the dice and bring in Dwight. I just think Bynum's offense outweighs Dwight's defense

tbagrocks

yep, was a sad, sad day for magic fans :-[

Jay

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 15, 2012, 10:35:18 PM

yep, was a sad, sad day for magic fans :-[
will go from a top 5 team in east to a bottom 5 team in east. Shouldve took the Nets trade when it was available.

weee

1) Lebron James (Durants not far behind)

2) Kevin Durant

3) Chris Paul

4) Kobe Bryant

5) Rajon Rondo

6) Russel Westbrook (Controversial, but I am a huge fan, and he's only going to improve and improve)

7) Carmelo Anthony

8) Dwight Howard

9) Kevin Love

10) Derrick Rose (Would be top 5 if Fully Fit)

Jay

Quote from: weee on September 16, 2012, 12:34:12 AM
1) Lebron James (Durants not far behind)

2) Kevin Durant

3) Chris Paul

4) Kobe Bryant

5) Rajon Rondo

6) Russel Westbrook (Controversial, but I am a huge fan, and he's only going to improve and improve)

7) Carmelo Anthony

8) Dwight Howard

9) Kevin Love

10) Derrick Rose (Would be top 5 if Fully Fit)
very nice list! dont think Russ is a top 6 player tho...not even top 5 in his position imo