Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight

Started by Mr.Craig, September 15, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

Ben Saunders please Craig?

i've been impressed with him at South Freo but i don't think his stats were all that impressive  :-\

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Cicjose on November 16, 2012, 01:48:42 AM
Ben Saunders please Craig?

i've been impressed with him at South Freo but i don't think his stats were all that impressive  :-\

Yeah, I think I looked at his stats previously and went "Meh" but he certainly knows where the sticks are. I'll whip something up tomorrow. :)

Cicjose

cheers!  8) i was hoping that Fremantle would pick him cause he knows how to impact a contested footy but all the phantom drafts say we are going for Mason Shaw.......

Scrads

Reckon you can rack up any info on Mason Middleton Mr.Craig ? You might have seen my post in the Hawks board but apparently we are gonna pick him up at 72.

Tominator

Quote from: Scrads on November 18, 2012, 07:04:25 PM
Reckon you can rack up any info on Mason Middleton Mr.Craig ? You might have seen my post in the Hawks board but apparently we are gonna pick him up at 72.

Mason Middleton is a South Aussie from a Riverland town called Barmera, the same town Sam Fisher comes from. Didn't play any State games but played plenty for West Adelaide U18s. Goalkicking midfielder who has plenty of pace and good height for a midfielder. Plays  a little bit like Scotty Pendlebury and yeah I can see a club taking him after Pick 70 or maybe the Rookie Draft

Scrads

Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2012, 07:08:05 PM

Mason Middleton is a South Aussie from a Riverland town called Barmera, the same town Sam Fisher comes from. Didn't play any State games but played plenty for West Adelaide U18s. Goalkicking midfielder who has plenty of pace and good height for a midfielder. Plays  a little bit like Scotty Pendlebury and yeah I can see a club taking him after Pick 70 or maybe the Rookie Draft

Where did you find that out mate ? From what I saw, I thought he was a key forward...

Tominator

Quote from: Scrads on November 18, 2012, 07:35:08 PM

Where did you find that out mate ? From what I saw, I thought he was a key forward...

General knowledge, I know a couple of guys who know him and I saw him play a Foxtel Cup game for Westies

That's just what I thought, I don't know his height/weight details or any facts like that, I could be wrong but we'll see  ::)

Mr.Craig

I'll put something together soon. :)

Scrads

Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2012, 08:10:21 PM

General knowledge, I know a couple of guys who know him and I saw him play a Foxtel Cup game for Westies

That's just what I thought, I don't know his height/weight details or any facts like that, I could be wrong but we'll see  ::)

Well that sounds pretty reliable to me :P cheers for the help :)

Tominator

Quote from: Scrads on November 18, 2012, 09:23:32 PM
Quote from: Tominator on November 18, 2012, 08:10:21 PM

Well that sounds pretty reliable to me :P cheers for the help :)

no worries but I'd wait for Mr Craig to back me up on that   ;)

Mr.Craig

TAC stats have been added for Nick Vlastuin and SANFL stats for Jimmy Toumpas. :)

MTTY

Tim O'Brien looks the goods, if he can bulk up could be insanely good.  :o

Mr.Craig

Brodie Murdoch

Birthday - 21/1/94
187cm/85kg
Glenelg
Price/Position - $102,700 Fwd

Drafted Round 2 Pick 40 St Kilda

Murdoch is a strong lead up forward who has also developed into a handy defender. He performed well in the nationals without being spectacular, scoring 67, 73, 61, 22 and 49 from his five games. After playing country footy down in Port Macdonnell he came to the big smoke, playing 10 reserves and one senior game for Glenelg in 2012. In the reserves his DT scores were 64, 37, 26, 33, 72, 75, 51, 31, 33 and 76 while his one outing in the seniors resulted in 8 disposals and 23 DT. Much like his mate Tim O'Brien, Murdoch has the potential to be a quality player but unfortunately simply doesn't get enough of the ball to warrant a DT selection.

Kevin Sheehan says: "Left-footed medium forward with terrific athleticism highlighted by his pace, agility and vertical leap. Strong overhead and has a terrific work ethic in games as a lead-up forward. Is a long penetrating kick and has the tools to play well in defence. Averaged 12.2 disposals, 4 marks and 2.4 tackles in 5 matches for SA in the NAB AFL U18s this year."

Media -

http://www.glenelgfc.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=404:strong-performance-at-the-south-australian-state-combine&catid=1:latest
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/afl/friends-brodie-murdoch-and-tim-obrien-await-their-draft-fate/story-e6frexx0-1226512584565

Mr.Craig

From tomorrow I'll update all the profiles. Looking forward to the big day!