Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight

Started by Mr.Craig, September 15, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Quote from: its me lads on August 07, 2013, 12:07:53 PM
MC do you think Lewis Johnston will play out the rest of the year?

I would've thought he will, jumped on him already.

its me lads

Yeah thats what I was thinking. Either bringing in Mitch Grigg for Hrovat or getting rid of Staker and bringing in Johnston.

Mr.Craig

Form permitting. A good Showdown performance surely earned him a few brownie points.

Porps was reasonable on the weekend but I don't think he did enough.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mr.Craig on August 07, 2013, 06:19:22 PM

Form permitting. A good Showdown performance surely earned him a few brownie points.

Porps was reasonable on the weekend but I don't think he did enough.
Until he lost them all with his last kick... shoulda hit up Dangerfield

its me lads

Don't even get me started on that....

Mr.Craig

QUEENSLANDER Jonathon Freeman heads a list of 28 eligible club academy players lodged with the AFL as potential draftees this year.

He is one of nine Brisbane Lions academy players who can be bid on by other clubs ahead of the NAB AFL Draft, in a similar manner to the father-son bidding system.

It means if a rival club viewed Freeman - or any academy player - within the best batch of draftees this year, it could bid its first-round draft selection to recruit him.

The Lions would then have the option to match the bid with its next draft pick.

Freeman had a strong Under-18 national championships, averaging 12 disposals and two goals per game for Queensland, and will attend the AFL Draft Combine in October.

Gold Coast and Sydney Swans work under the same guidelines, while Greater Western Sydney has one more year under the old system, where it can add an academy player straight to its list.

Any of the academy players listed below may be taken at the father/son and academy bidding meeting on October 7, with a final deadline for their respective club to decide if they wish to nominate a player set down for October 4.

The academy players listed are: Brisbane Lions (Hayden Bertoli-Simmonds, Isaac Conway, Jonathon Freeman, Sam Gribble, Nick Jackson, Lewis Radford, Aden Rutledge, Archie Smith, Cain Tickner); Gold Coast Suns (Jarred Ellis, Caleb Haey); GWS Giants (Logan Austin, Jake Barrett, Doug Bond, Kristian Cary, Kieran Ellis, Michael Gibbons, Max King, Jack Steele); and Sydney Swans (Mitch Crawford, James Dunn, Harrison Green, Jack Hiscox, Yaran Jaffer-Williams, Jackson Pola-Smith, Errol Sertbas, Jordan Weir, Stephen Wray).

its me lads

Mr.Craig

The profiles for Jack Martin, Jesse Hogan and Tom Boyd are basically in the can. Only about 120 to go. ::)

its me lads

McBean kicked 5 on the weekend. Surey due for a game before the end of the year?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: its me lads on August 13, 2013, 04:35:31 PM
McBean kicked 5 on the weekend. Surey due for a game before the end of the year?

He's already in my team so I wouldn't mind that. :P But if he doesn't play this year I might consider him for R4 in 2014.

On a different note, I've just written the profiles for James Aish and Josh Kelly.

stew42

He'll have to have bulked up quite a bit before I seriously consider him...

its me lads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on August 13, 2013, 06:57:46 PM

He's already in my team so I wouldn't mind that. :P But if he doesn't play this year I might consider him for R4 in 2014.

On a different note, I've just written the profiles for James Aish and Josh Kelly.

Yeah he's already in mine as well.  :P

Vinny

Quote from: Mr.Craig on August 13, 2013, 06:57:46 PM

[/b]

Good work MC, Looking forward to reading them. :)

nickstiges

Quote from: stew42 on August 13, 2013, 06:59:52 PM

Believe he was up to about 93/94kg from the 84kg listed on FF according to a video on the club website from few weeks back, so should be ready to mix it with the big boys before the season's done, or would hit the ton by next year at least. Should be a good prospect to string together a few games next season.

Nige

Quote from: nickstiges on August 15, 2013, 12:04:04 AM
Quote from: stew42 on August 13, 2013, 06:59:52 PM

Believe he was up to about 93/94kg from the 84kg listed on FF according to a video on the club website from few weeks back, so should be ready to mix it with the big boys before the season's done, or would hit the ton by next year at least. Should be a good prospect to string together a few games next season.

Yeah, I expect him to get quite a few games next season. Looks the goods, has been killing it in the VFL as of late.