Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight

Started by Mr.Craig, September 15, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

its me lads

Norwood beat Sturt 68 to 20 in shocking weather. No mitch Grigg obviously. For the redlegs Matt Thomas had 33 and Matt Suckling had 32 and J. Aish had 23 touches, 8 marks and 3 goals (James or Jesse?). For the double blues Kerridge had 30 and Jaensch had 27.

Lewis Johnston kicked 3 goals 2, had 17 touches (16 kicks  :o ) and 7 marks in a 99 to 26 win over the magpies.

Eagles beat Centrals by 12 points. Ellis-Yolmen had 23 touches and a goal and petrenko had 22 for the Eagles. For the dogs Symes had 25 while Callinan had 20 and 2 goals.

Matt Scharenberg had 10 touches in Glenelg's loss to South

Mr.Craig

It was indeed James Aish. ;)

Just a handy 115DT from a 17 year old playing in the SANFL. :D

its me lads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on July 20, 2013, 06:32:47 PM
It was indeed James Aish. ;)

Just a handy 115DT from a 17 year old playing in the SANFL. :D

GUN!  8)

Mr.Craig

TAC Cup Future Stars have posted their take on the top 10 draft picks...

tbagrocks

Kelly could go two but I don't think he will go top 3, Sheed that high and Billings that low? Just my opinion
Also seems some bolters in there!

Nice find Craig ;)

Boyd almost certain #1 and to be traded! Surely? If GWS have any clue!

#2/3 will be interesting on the day! Seems open right now! Though mad to pass up Aishy!

its me lads

Only heard of Tom Boyd, James Aish, Matt Scharenberg and Dom Sheed. The rest I need to look for some info from  :P
Surely someone will give GWS a ridinkydonk offer for the NO# 1 pick. I can't see GWS having it.

What did you think of Mitch Grigg today MC? Came on in the 2nd as Concussion sub then on fully in the 3rd. Finished with 12 touches, 1 mark and 2 tackles. I was at the game and didn't really notice him but It is a lot different live. I do remember seeing him try to draw Mackie I think it was to handball across but gave it straight to Mackie.  :P

Mr.Craig

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 21, 2013, 08:48:38 PM
Kelly could go two but I don't think he will go top 3

Totally agree but I didn't have O'Rourke going at 2 last year and look what happened. :-\

Quote from: its me lads on July 21, 2013, 08:49:15 PM

What did you think of Mitch Grigg today MC? Came on in the 2nd as Concussion sub then on fully in the 3rd. Finished with 12 touches, 1 mark and 2 tackles. I was at the game and didn't really notice him but It is a lot different live. I do remember seeing him try to draw Mackie I think it was to handball across but gave it straight to Mackie.  :P

You know what, I was quite busy raging at various players to really concentrate on him but 12 disposals is a decent effort from limited game time. Hopefully Adelaide allow him time to find his feet.

Mr.Craig

Just wanted to point out that Trent Dumont was also named in the best for Norwood on the weekend. Very much in the picture for a first round selection.

Ricochet

MC how high do you think Dayle Garlett could go? Was seen as a top 10 pick last year before his off field indiscretions. Having a good year in the WAFL this year

Andrew

Quote from: Ricochet on July 22, 2013, 04:07:01 PM
MC how high do you think Dayle Garlett could go? Was seen as a top 10 pick last year before his off field indiscretions. Having a good year in the WAFL this year

If Eagles don't pick him up this time around, I'll be seriously pissed.

Ricochet

Quote from: Andrew on July 22, 2013, 04:11:54 PM

Yeh man I'm hoping Freo do. Genuine star

its me lads

I'm hoping lewis Johnston gets a game or few before the end of the year.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Ricochet on July 22, 2013, 04:13:40 PM

He's certainly doing well. Some have suggested he could be a first round pick but I don't know, feels like more of an early second round pick to me.

Ricochet

Quote from: Mr.Craig on July 23, 2013, 12:24:10 AM
Quote from: Ricochet on July 22, 2013, 04:13:40 PM

He's certainly doing well. Some have suggested he could be a first round pick but I don't know, feels like more of an early second round pick to me.
Yeh ok fair enough. Hopefully he slips down to Freo