Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight

Started by Mr.Craig, September 15, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

From the Sydney Swans Reserves FB page:

"Champion Data says Tom Mitchell had 42 disposals at 3/4 time against Ainslie."
Apparently he had 56 for the whole match, but this is unconfirmed.

Double downgrade to Mitchell and Martin, coming up! :D:D:D:D

Mr.Craig

I don't think it's been mentioned at all but Timmy Sumner looms as a rare forward downgrade option.

Fingers crossed he has a good one.

Toga

Good point Craig, didn't realise he was fwd eligible. :D

Mr.Craig

The Champs are underway.  :D

Glenelg teen Scharenberg stars for SA

HIGHLY touted South Australian youngster Matt Scharenberg has been the standout player in his team's 48-point win over NSW/ACT in the opening round of the NAB AFL Under 18 Championships.

South Australia, courtesy of five unanswered goals in seven minutes in the third quarter, cruised to victory in the clash played in fine conditions at Blacktown International Sportspark on Saturday.

Scharenberg, who recently visited Europe as part of the AIS-AFL Academy's tour, took 10 marks and had 26 disposals, including seven inside 50s and seven rebounds.

The 2012 All-Australian and former baseball player stood out with his game across half back after being played up forward in practice matches.

Also among the best for South Australia was Norwood teenager James Aish, who had 13 disposals and three clearances.

Aish played 50 per cent of the game in what was his first hit-out for the year after shoulder surgery.

Darcy Hourigan booted four goals

Mr.Craig

Copy and paste issues again. The rest of the article is here - http://t.co/u9RCnpySPf

Adamant

Hey Craig, how do you rate Kyle Martin's JS? surely would be fairly solid after his performance on Friday night.

Looking to downgrade Moloney to either Martin or Mitchell this week, thinking it would be better to leave Mitchell until after round 12 as I could downgrade JOM to him then. That works out perfectly.

pinochio

Quote from: Adamant on June 04, 2013, 01:13:08 AM
Hey Craig, how do you rate Kyle Martin's JS? surely would be fairly solid after his performance on Friday night.

Looking to downgrade Moloney to either Martin or Mitchell this week, thinking it would be better to leave Mitchell until after round 12 as I could downgrade JOM to him then. That works out perfectly.

would you say hrovats JS is better then mitchells or martin as the dogs are kinda rebuilding and blooding pups?

Mr.Craig

He didn't just get the ball but was really good with it too. I think there are two or three other Pies who would be dropped ahead of him plus I don't think there's much pressure on his position until Beams is ready to come back which doesn't look like it will be any time soon.

Keep in mind he'll need to be placed back on the rookie list in 7 weeks unless Collingwood have another LTI they can use to prolong his elevated status so he might not be a viable bench keeper but as a cow I can't see any reason to not pick him if he hits the bubble as expected.

Adamant

Quote from: pinochio on June 04, 2013, 01:20:06 AM

would you say hrovats JS is better then mitchells or martin as the dogs are kinda rebuilding and blooding pups?

Yeah, I'd say Hrovat has the best JS of them all at this stage. Mainly because of the Dogs current situation as you said.

I'm bringing him in next week for Kommer probably.

pinochio

Quote from: Adamant on June 04, 2013, 01:31:12 AM

Yeah, I'd say Hrovat has the best JS of them all at this stage. Mainly because of the Dogs current situation as you said.

I'm bringing him in next week for Kommer probably.

ye man!

think ill bring in hrovat this week since i want to double upgrade next week :)

Mr.Craig

I'm still on the fence with Hrovat. If push came to shove I'd pick Martin ahead of him.

Adamant

Quote from: Mr.Craig on June 04, 2013, 01:30:23 AM
He didn't just get the ball but was really good with it too. I think there are two or three other Pies who would be dropped ahead of him plus I don't think there's much pressure on his position until Beams is ready to come back which doesn't look like it will be any time soon.

Keep in mind he'll need to be placed back on the rookie list in 7 weeks unless Collingwood have another LTI they can use to prolong his elevated status so he might not be a viable bench keeper but as a cow I can't see any reason to not pick him if he hits the bubble as expected.

Yeah, mainly just looking at him as a cash grab and for some decent scoring over the MBRs.

Cheers. :)

pinochio

Quote from: Mr.Craig on June 04, 2013, 01:33:01 AM

I'm still on the fence with Hrovat. If push came to shove I'd pick Martin ahead of him.

i also would but i can with infi rd13s in my midfield....

Toga

I'm really not sure how to fit all three of Hrovat, Martin & Mitchell into my team... :-\

Thinking Kerridge -> Hrovat and O'Meara to Mitchell in the next few weeks, but with Martin bubbling at an awkward time I might have to miss out on him. :(

Unless I traded Saunders to him after his  first price rise, which isn't ideal :-\

stew42

Same thinking here Toga, especially as I just brought in Hutchings  a week late...
Mitchell is definitely going in, no question about it. I guess I have to toss up between Hrovat and Martin. Probably leaning towards Hrovat due to JS...