Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight

Started by Mr.Craig, September 15, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Cheers mate! You're a legend!

Scrads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 23, 2013, 06:08:03 PM
Paige Cardona ‏@Paigeos_Hotpies 1m

Kyle Martin to be upgraded to Collingwood's senior list next week. Will get a solid month of footy against Brisbane, Melbourne, WBD & PA.

How does this person know he will play those games? I assume that means Collingwood may rest some players for the easy games...

Either was has the round 13 bye so might be awkward getting him in :/

Mr.Craig

You don't know who Paige is Scrads?

Anyway, I was a little surprised by her comment too but she knows the Pies better than I do. I guess when you put it in the context of Martin being in red hot form coupled with the fact that most players who are elevated go on to play within a week or two I think it's safe to expect him to feature soon. Whether he can maintain his spot is another question.

Scrads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 23, 2013, 11:45:52 PM
You don't know who Paige is Scrads?

Anyway, I was a little surprised by her comment too but she knows the Pies better than I do. I guess when you put it in the context of Martin being in red hot form coupled with the fact that most players who are elevated go on to play within a week or two I think it's safe to expect him to feature soon. Whether he can maintain his spot is another question.

I have heard of Supercoach Paige, I assume this is the same person?

Here is hoping she is right ;) even though it will be kind of awkward as if he comes in next week he will be on the bubble going into round 12 but will have the bye the week after :-\ possibly worth missing the first price change then jumping in pre-round 14?

stew42

Kyle Martin with 5 goals and 20 disposals. At 3QT

Mr.Craig

Quote from: stew42 on May 25, 2013, 03:18:57 PM

Beast.  8)

Mr.Craig

Toga

Quote from: stew42 on May 25, 2013, 03:18:57 PM

Give the lad a run! ::)

Dasherman

K Martin ended up with 6 goals and 27 disposals has to play next week. sorry and 10 tackles

specky92

Quote from: Dasherman on May 25, 2013, 09:25:36 PM
K Martin ended up with 6 goals and 27 disposals has to play next week. sorry and 10 tackles
Woah, where does he play? They probably played my team Bendigo, haha

specky92

Do you think Daniher will get a game this week?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: specky92 on May 26, 2013, 10:34:16 PM

I think it will be in the next month or so...surely. Whether he'll actually be a worthwhile downgrade is another question entirely.

specky92

Quote from: Mr.Craig on May 26, 2013, 10:38:24 PM
Quote from: specky92 on May 26, 2013, 10:34:16 PM

I think it will be in the next month or so...surely. Whether he'll actually be a worthwhile downgrade is another question entirely.
I doubt it but I'm just so keen to see him as an essendon supporter

Scrads

Any decent options for NEXT week going into the byes Mr. Craig? Just had a sneak peak, not looking too good :/

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Scrads on May 26, 2013, 10:46:24 PM
Any decent options for NEXT week going into the byes Mr. Craig? Just had a sneak peak, not looking too good :/

I'm sure a lot of attention will be on Hutchings, Staker, Colquhoun and Crouch this week.

Next week Hrovat and Grimley will have byes so they aren't options. I guess Gorringe is there if you're game, probably has decent JS as long as he can hold off Nicholls. Burbury would certainly be a risk. Dunno, doesn't seem like much else right now unless someone debuts this week and you take a punt on them.