Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight

Started by Mr.Craig, September 15, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

2014 Sneak Peek

199cm, 102kg goal kicking monster Tom Boyd.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-17/tom-keen-to-mix-with-big-boys

2012 Goals - 44, DT Average: 76.3
2013 Goals - 14 from 3 games with DT scores of 66, 153 and 97.

LaHug

MC, any news on whether or not Saunders is likely to make a return?

Mr.Craig

We'll have to wait and see how the Saints go today and how Saunders performed in VFL. I don't usually get hold of the VFL stats until the middle of the week.

Toga

I'd love for Saunders to get a game soon - will probably move him to my mid bench, but if he doesn't get games soonish I might just offload him to the best rookie available when I have a spare trade... :-\

Mr.Craig

A few rookies who might be coming along sometime soon...

Nathan Hrovat played his 2nd VFL game of the season on Sunday. DT scores of 106 and 114 for the year.

Lachie Hunter is less likely to receive senior selection than Hrovat but has still been in good form since moving up to the VFL from the Vic Development league. His three games have produced scores of 45, 111 and 108.

Joe Daniher kicked 4 goals for the third time this year. His scores for the season have been 94, 61, 85, 76 and 88.

With Dale Thomas out for an extended period it gives Collingwood an opportunity to elevate Kyle Martin who is averaging 26.4 disposals, 2.8 goals, 5.8 marks and 5 tackles a game. DT scores have been 139, 83, 95, 159 and 145 (Ave: 124.2)

It would probably take some injuries to allow Mason Wood to break into the Kangaroos side. He is yet to be named in the best in the VFL but has had some decent games, on the weekend he put together a 19 disposals, 8 mark performance for 106 DT.

Nick Graham is still several weeks away from playing due to injury and he'll need to put in some solid VFL performances before being considered. He may be a chance to play senior footy sometime between Rounds 16-20.

Matt McDonough has kicked 5 goals in his last three games for Coburg and could potentially debut for the Tigers at some point. His scores have been 61, 63, 64, 83 and 85.

Glenelg had a bye last weekend but Tom Clurey has been in good form at SANFL level. He had 21 possessions and 10 marks (95 DT) in his last game.

Will Hams, Tim Membrey and Andrew Boston are longer shots at making debuts in 2013 and aside from that I can't see many other players who are ready to step up.

Tominator

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Tominator on May 21, 2013, 01:56:00 PM
Tom Mitchell?

I was just covering the rookies that were drafted last year but yeah, who knows what Sydney is going to do with him. I'm not holding my breath let's put it that way. :-\

SydneyRox

I would put money on him (Mitchell) getting a run before the byes. How long he stays in the team will be hard to guage until he plays. Has been good the last 2 weeks in the NEAFL though.

Toga

Fantastic work Craigy, if I could cheer you again this hour I would. :P So you'll have to wait another 45 minutes! ;D

Great to hear that Kyle Martin, Nathan Hrovat, and Matt McDonough are tracking well for a debut.

As a richmond supporter I thought McDonough might be hard pressed to make it into the team after we recruited Knights & Az Edwards to the team, but with Knights going down and Dimma obviously preferring to play Vickery & McGuane as the tall forwards (leaving Edwards out), there's a good chance we'll see McDonough at some point this year imo.

Chances of Daniher playing this week after Hurley's nasty concussion? Or does Gumby slot straight back in?

Mr.Craig

Thanks Toga. ;)

Essendon continue to be very conservative with Joe. You'd hope he'd get a game prior to their bye however, Gold Coast in Round 12 might be a good opportunity to give him a run.

Mr.Craig

I've spent the last couple of hours compiling DT stats for this year's likely draft picks. From a fantasy perspective it's very exciting to see so many players averaging over 90 DT.

its me lads

Quote from: Toga on May 21, 2013, 02:59:55 PM
Fantastic work Craigy, if I could cheer you again this hour I would. :P So you'll have to wait another 45 minutes! ;D

Great to hear that Kyle Martin, Nathan Hrovat, and Matt McDonough are tracking well for a debut.

As a richmond supporter I thought McDonough might be hard pressed to make it into the team after we recruited Knights & Az Edwards to the team, but with Knights going down and Dimma obviously preferring to play Vickery & McGuane as the tall forwards (leaving Edwards out), there's a good chance we'll see McDonough at some point this year imo.

Chances of Daniher playing this week after Hurley's nasty concussion? Or does Gumby slot straight back in?

I agree, great work Criagy.

What's the go with Edwards? I rate him as a player but dissapointing to see him not even getting a shot  ???

Toga

Just behind Riewoldt, Vickery & McGuane in the pecking order. :-\

its me lads

Quote from: Toga on May 22, 2013, 10:40:01 PM
Just behind Riewoldt, Vickery & McGuane in the pecking order. :-\
Ah K.

Do you guys rate Vickery?

Seems like a bit of a spud to me but big guys do generally take longer to develope I guess. I remember when they first picked him up there was a bit of hype around him.  ???

Toga

Was good as a youngster, hasn't reached full potential yet but he does his job, takes heat off of Jroo... That's why he's important to the team structure... Much like a Tippett to Tex scenario imo. ;)