Mr.Craig's Rookie Spotlight

Started by Mr.Craig, September 15, 2012, 05:03:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

I'm sure we can all agree it's nice to have some options at this time of the year. :)

Mr.Craig

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-06-04/where-the-debutants-rank

"The No. 37 looks set to become a feature of the senior side for some time to come."

LaHug

Quote from: Mr.Craig on June 04, 2013, 03:09:48 PM
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2013-06-04/where-the-debutants-rank

"The No. 37 looks set to become a feature of the senior side for some time to come."
They have the worst possible bye though. You either bring him in the week before his bye or miss the price rise :(

Mr.Craig

I'm rather showery with the AFL right now. Asked them if they were going to provide stats for the Under 18 Champs games as they did last year and they haven't bothered to reply. >:(

its me lads

Quote from: Mr.Craig on June 07, 2013, 12:49:24 PM
I'm rather showery with the AFL right now. Asked them if they were going to provide stats for the Under 18 Champs games as they did last year and they haven't bothered to reply. >:(
Yeah I've been looking for stats from the Under 18 champs everywhere but none to be found.  ???

Mr.Craig

CD stockpiling the info for their own benefit? I dunno.

Hopefully we can get our hands on them one way or another. I generally pay more attention to the performances in the state leagues but Champ data is still handy.

Toga

Trying to sell more Prospectuses? ::)

Mr.Craig

Daniel Hoyne ‏@DJDevils1 34m

Not a bad opening quarter from Tom Boyd, 8 disp, 4 marks, 3 goals and 67 ranking points. Reminds me of Tom Hawkins at the same age.

8)

muntedmyke

how has mcnodough been doing? other then making me no dough

Mr.Craig

Quote from: muntedmyke on June 09, 2013, 10:29:25 PM
how has mcnodough been doing? other then making me no dough

He's been doing okay, named in the best for Coburg a couple of times recently but i think he's still a way off getting a game.

Frankfaust1

Mr C, knowledgeable fellow that you are, I wonder if you'd care to cast a look into the crystals and predict a few of the more likely youngsters to get a run in the second half of the season? I was seeing topics start to appear about non-playing rooks and reserves and wondered if there were some most likelies to serve for that kind of purpose who also have a show of getting on ground a bit later on?

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Frankfaust on June 10, 2013, 09:59:31 AM
Mr C, knowledgeable fellow that you are, I wonder if you'd care to cast a look into the crystals and predict a few of the more likely youngsters to get a run in the second half of the season? I was seeing topics start to appear about non-playing rooks and reserves and wondered if there were some most likelies to serve for that kind of purpose who also have a show of getting on ground a bit later on?

Always tough to predict this sort of stuff. Form is one thing but plenty of debuts come about as a result of injuries. Having said that, some names I could throw out there are Andrew Boston from GC who continues to be named in the best for their NEAFL side, Nick Graham is returning from injury but I rate him highly and it's possible he'll get a run for Carlton near the end of the season, Tim Broomhead has been in outstanding form for Collingwood's VFL side, the Bulldogs could well give Lachie Hunter an opportunity and it wouldn't surprise me if he makes a good fist of it. Tom Clurey was getting close to a debut with Port but then his form dropped off, still a possibility though. Xav Richards has been doing an excellent job in the NEAFL but it will be a challenge to force his way into the Sydney team and I like Mason Wood over at the Kangaroos but he'd probably need to rely on a couple of injuries to get a gig.

Those are some of the rookies that come to mind. I haven't really been keeping a close eye on the second year players but MGK1's league stats update during the week at FanFooty usually gives a good indication of who is performing well.

Frankfaust1

Cheers Mr C, I'll keep an eye on. It'd be a shame to pick non-starter that had least hope of a game, even if it is only to fill a spot and save money.

Mr.Craig

LaHug