2013 Player Profile: Todd Goldstein

Started by Noz, September 15, 2012, 04:29:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 18, 2012, 09:20:54 PM
Quote from: Sweetness on October 18, 2012, 09:13:01 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 18, 2012, 08:04:13 PM
Goldy has to be a lock for next season now, which pretty much makes everybodies' starting rucks Goldy and Leuey haha.

Without HMac reckon he could average 100-103, at least 95 and can easily see him as the highest averaging ruckman in the league for 2013. Got a little discount from the other premos, too.

I would almost agree here. (It's my starting combo at the moment)

Food for thought though: The AFL introduced the new "no wrestling before the ball is bounced" rule for rucks for next year. This effectively means whoever can jump higher will win the hitout.

Surely no-one can out-jump Nic-Nat...
For me it's a decision between Goldy and Nic-Nat now.

Got a fair point there .. will be watching Nab for another reason now ,, see how the rucks handle the new rule
I don't think out-jumping is a problem, once the ball leaves the umps hands, they can wrestle as much as they want.

aces-high

Locking him and lue in for dt but am thinking of going dfferent in sc starting him and nicnat rather than copy everyones nic nat/burger combo  :D will be a top 3 ruckmen next year and potential AA!

Mr.Craig

tbagrocks

Just saw that article, nothing to it really, just a reporter finding a story, but year Todd may be in the top two selected Rucks not including rooks and would be hard not to select him

azza707

Would love to lock him away at this stage, but at various points last year he looked almost "lazy" and a bit lifeless. Will watch the NAB to see if his up and about and working his but off, but yes without HMac he should be smashing it. Would love an injury free Maric to tear it up in 2013 again, but Goldy is sooo tempting at that price.

Btw on a side note, is it just me, or are these new rules really beginning to frustrate people? Rucks not allowed to wrestle now? yes there are stupid frees give away and sometimes as a supporter you have no idea what the hell they were for but thats half the fun. No wrestling at the ruck contests is just gonna be weird, disadvantages soo many players now, stupid rule imo. This sport they call afl will become netball in a blink of an eye at this rate :P

Adamant

It's between Goldy and Sandi for me to be paired with Berger.

I like Sandi as a POD, but Goldy at his price is very hard to ignore.

Andrew

Quote from: Adamant on December 27, 2012, 04:35:32 PM
It's between Goldy and Sandi for me to be paired with Berger.

I like Sandi as a POD, but Goldy at his price is very hard to ignore.

+1. If Sandi starts pulling 100s in the NAB Cup and looks dominant as with past seasons, you can't miss his big scores. Throw in the fact Cox can be selected as a forward and called upon to swap back to the rucks with dual-position, maybe he's not such a big risk? But Goldstein is priced the lowest of all the possible ruck premiums, and has it all setup for him at North this season. 95% plus game time seems certain for him. Going to take a lot for me to not pick Goldstein.

Holz

Goldy is locked but im considering doing the unthinkable and not having burger.

Goldy Sandi could be one strong ruck combo netting you 200+

The_Captain

Sandi will be injured withion first 5 rounds. Goldy easily before than spud

azza707

Quote from: noto07 on December 29, 2012, 01:23:48 AM

True but with 30 trades this year, you could almost get away with taking a risk like that, hence why Hartlett is very appealing to me at the moment. if he plays midfield he could easily go 95+ and if he does a hammy well then bad luck i guess! hahah but yehh i think with the few extra trades, you may be able to afford to sneak in a Sandi or a Hartlett into your side this year ;)

essendon2

Quote from: azza707 on December 29, 2012, 02:12:36 AM
Quote from: noto07 on December 29, 2012, 01:23:48 AM

True but with 30 trades this year, you could almost get away with taking a risk like that, hence why Hartlett is very appealing to me at the moment. if he plays midfield he could easily go 95+ and if he does a hammy well then bad luck i guess! hahah but yehh i think with the few extra trades, you may be able to afford to sneak in a Sandi or a Hartlett into your side this year ;)
+1

Andrew

http://www.afldreamers.com/strategy/rids-never-again-list-todd-goldstein/

Gave me something to think about. He could be a wasted pick averaging 80 compared to Sandi, Cox, or Maric scoring 95+. When he's the sole recognised ruckman though he's just too tempting.

theta

Quote from: Andrew on January 08, 2013, 03:17:08 AM
http://www.afldreamers.com/strategy/rids-never-again-list-todd-goldstein/

Gave me something to think about. He could be a wasted pick averaging 80 compared to Sandi, Cox, or Maric scoring 95+. When he's the sole recognised ruckman though he's just too tempting.

...not one mention of McIntosh, poor writeup.   :-\

essendon2

I just don't think he's a certainty to average 90+, that's why I've gone with Cox at the moment, I might even switch him to Maric/Sandi - because we all know those 3 will no doubt average between 95-105

Holz

Quote from: essendon2 on January 08, 2013, 11:58:16 AM
I just don't think he's a certainty to average 90+, that's why I've gone with Cox at the moment, I might even switch him to Maric/Sandi - because we all know those 3 will no doubt average between 95-105

wouldnt be suprised at all to see goldy beat maric and cox.