Average Goals: 1.29

Standard Deviation: 32.3742

Starting Price: 546,400

Low Price: 492,700

High Price: 685,700

Fanplanner Price: 652,800

Position: M

Misc:

There are so many I'm going to do this using dot points...

• Ranked 10th in Total Inside 50s    
• Ranked 9th in Total Kicks   
• Ranked 4th in Total Handballs      
• Ranked 3rd in Total Disposals
• Ranked 4th in Total Supercoach Score   
• Ranked 1st in Total Dreamteam Score
• Ranked 17th in Total Contested Possessions   
• Ranked 1st in Total Uncontested Possessions
• Ranked 1st in Total Effective Disposals    
• Ranked 12th in Total Clearances
• Ranked 19th in Inside 50s Per Game    
• Ranked 7th in Kicks Per Game
• Ranked 4th in Handballs Per Game    
• Ranked 4th in Disposals Per Game
• Ranked 4th in Supercoach Score Per Game
• Ranked 3rd in Dreamteam Score Per Game
• Ranked 2nd in Uncontested Possessions Per Game    
• Ranked 3rd in Effective Disposals Per Game
• Ranked 16th in Clearances Per Game

Thoughts

Dayne Beams set the fantasy world alight with his 2012 season. His season has been so good, that at just 22 years of age he is one of the favourites for the Brownlow Medal.
In his last 5 games of the H&A season, he averaged almost 150 PPG, and his season average of 122 was the highest of any forward in the game. He won't retain his forward positioning in 2013, but a 120 average is enough to warrant selection in your midfield as well. Question is, will he maintain it?

Verdict

I won't be touching Dayne going into round 1. He is a great player but he will come at a premium price and after only 1 season of averaging 120+, I'll be extremely wary. I don't like picking players on the back of a breakout season, but if he starts 2013 well he'll soon become a high priority upgrade target.

Prediction

I don't think he'll quite maintain his average from this year. Luke Ball returning could impact him but even if it doesn't I think he'll average 114 in 2013.

Torress

i agree great pick this year, will be great next year but he will be too expensive to start. well i think that is too much to start anyway!

you have to bring him in at some stage tho, looks like the next rok/chappy type of dpp pick of the future.

Torpedo10

Upgrade target, If he falls enough quickly he could be upgraded for a mid pricer in Ball or Embley.

Adamant

Upgrade target....want to see how he goes with Ball in the team.

Shihan7

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 15, 2012, 01:53:33 PM
Upgrade target, If he falls enough quickly he could be upgraded for a mid pricer in Ball or Embley.
+1

Ricochet

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 15, 2012, 01:53:33 PM
Yep exactly. Plus want to see how Ball being back in the team affects his role

LF

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 23, 2013, 06:15:24 PM
I think I know why the Colliwabblers doesn't have this guy in his team

one word

lol let's see how many boos I get ;D

What you don't have enough already tbag lol :D

Colliwobblers

what idiot posts a picture of a potato in a forum.... oh yeah that's right   :-[

Ball is inside - VERY INSIDE - in and under.

He will supply beams on the outside, beams will be better for having ball back.

Beams did NOT  breakout in 2012 he broke out in 2011 - 16 games averaging 101 after averaging 85 the season beofre (2010) is a breakout season.

Last season (2012) he consolidated and stepped into his rightful place as ELITE MIDFIELDER.

I won't start him either, not in SC, I still can't go past pendles, and with swan and ablett and pendles i can't take a 4th player into the one bye round.

But I am adamant he will maintain his average, can't lift it much if at all but he is arrived :)

potato omg there are times and places for potatoes tbag, and everyone loves a potato post but a Dayne Beams thread is neither the time not the place for potatoes.

P.S great write up Sid nice stats.

jimmyh

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 06:35:29 PM

But I am adamant he will maintain his average, can't lift it much if at all but he is arrived :)

He has definitely arrived, love watching him play and always floating in and out of my side

Ricochet

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 23, 2013, 06:35:29 PM
what idiot posts a picture of a potato in a forum.... oh yeah that's right   :-[

Ball is inside - VERY INSIDE - in and under.

He will supply beams on the outside, beams will be better for having ball back.

Beams did NOT  breakout in 2012 he broke out in 2011 - 16 games averaging 101 after averaging 85 the season beofre (2010) is a breakout season.

Last season (2012) he consolidated and stepped into his rightful place as ELITE MIDFIELDER.

I won't start him either, not in SC, I still can't go past pendles, and with swan and ablett and pendles i can't take a 4th player into the one bye round.

potato omg there are times and places for potatoes tbag, and everyone loves a potato post but a Dayne Beams thread is neither the time not the place for potatoes.

P.S great write up Sid nice stats.
Can you remember what his injury was last preseason Coll? He started very slow so if anything he could be slightly underpriced??

Colliwobblers

something with his shins? from memory, it interrupted his preseason and kept him out of the nab cup and round 1.

Didn't even have a full preseason = SUPER DOOPER STAR

Ricochet

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 26, 2013, 01:45:14 AM
something with his shins? from memory, it interrupted his preseason and kept him out of the nab cup and round 1.

Didn't even have a full preseason = SUPER DOOPER STAR LOCKED

Southstorm

I'm considering Beams over Swan purely because Beams will either maintain or go up while I can't see Swan improving anymore at 29.

Crazy talk or is it worth a shot?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Southstorm on February 26, 2013, 02:07:41 AM
I'm considering Beams over Swan purely because Beams will either maintain or go up while I can't see Swan improving anymore at 29.

Crazy talk or is it worth a shot?

Crazy talk - Swan will still be #1 DT GOD. He has apparently had the best pre season of his career and he looked great in nab cup i personally think he looks to be working harder in general

the one area he could improve on he showed he has in the nab cup - tackling.

DT projections ( from the site not me )

Swan round #1 projected score = 139

Beams = 114 Abett = 118

Beams will be the "new" Swan have no doubt - actually he seems to be a cross between Swan and Pendles - Delicious :)

But Swan is Swan and there is no better in DT not now not this season.  ( Ablett pips him in SC )

tbagrocks

Ablett 118 you troll CW ::)  is your best mate Jules :P

Am srtuggling to find the reason ti start the Beamer, same age as Danger and Cotch but out of their league surley :o

Not at the price, the next two games before roung one could say more, but in saying that just watch the Dangerman this week ;)

Am no closer to a decision, still Ablett, Pendlebury, Redden, Murphy for me + one other, probably Fyfe

Edit: oops that is my DT midfield ::)