Shane Tuck (Richmond Tigers)   - requested by Davo

Position: Mid

Price: $493,900

2011 Games: 10

2012 Games: 22

2011 Average: 70.8

2012 Average: 104.8

2012 Tons: 14

Big games: Hawthorn (152), Melbourne (151, 117), Adelaide (135), Essendon (131)

Summary:
One of the most underrated mids in the competition, Tucky had a stellar year in the Yellow and Black, upping his average from the year before by a whopping 34 ppg! Started the season at the awkward price tag of $350K, Tucky, just like his teammate 'Mullet' Maric, turned out to present enormous value for coaches ballsy enough to pick them. A reliable player, with his lowest score being a first round sub-affected 47, he scored more than 90 points on 16 occasions this season, whilst 5 of his tons were 130+! So when Tucky goes big, its very big! As i said, he is very underrated as a midfielder, which is great for his DT prospects because he is less likely to cop tags from opposition teams whilst lining up alongside Cotchy and Lids.

Verdict:
Watchlist. Will be very hard to fit him into my team at present, as there are just so many good options and I'd still rate his teammates in Cotchin and Deledio higher in terms of DT prospects, primarily due to his age (will be 31 in a few months) but also because they are a tad more consistent. But he is definitely one to watch, could be a good POD next season given the Tigers are playing an increasingly DT-slutty gamestyle.

Predicted 2013 average: 103

Adamant

Great write-up Toga!
Tuck would be a nice POD with his massive ceiling, but just cant fit him in.

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on September 15, 2012, 12:07:51 PM
Great write-up Toga!
Tuck would be a nice POD with his massive ceiling, but just cant fit him in.

thanks mate! :)

yeah i agree-i just think the midfield is not where you wanna be taking your risks!

Ricochet

Had a very good year but I don't think I can fit him in

elephants

Doesn't fit my structure really.

And also you get what you pay for here. It is highly unlikely he will increase greatly or drop off next year.

Pass, but great writeup :)

Torpedo10

Great 2012 but will probably decline in 2013.

Kellogscrunchynut

Puts in a big score every once and a while but he is just that little bit less consistent than most midfield premiums.

Dave085

Thanks for the write up mate, good work. I want to have a place for him but i can see him being my Scott Thompson of 2012. Wanted him all year but just couldnt fit him in with the strategy i was playing...

I might wait and see how he goes in the first few games and see if i can trade him in.

Noz

Would be a great POD as many have stated but he won't be in my team next year.

Torpedo10

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on September 15, 2012, 02:58:35 PM
Puts in a big score every once and a while but he is just that little bit less consistent than most midfield premiums.
He's pretty consistent but getting older and will decline.

Shihan7

Great write up Toga. Dont think i will be able to fit him in next year.

Capper

nice write up but i think his age is my biggest worry and the fact that i would probably put Swan, GAJ, Watson and Thomo ahead of him

Adamant

Quote from: tabs on October 17, 2012, 01:40:28 PM
nice write up but i think his age is my biggest worry and the fact that i would probably put Swan, GAJ, Watson and Thomo ahead of him
Why Thomo? ???