Ricochet

Brent Prismall - Essendon Bombers

Position: Midfield
Price: $146,400 (fanplanner)

2008 Average: 83
2009 Average: 95.5
2010 Average: 95.6
2011 Average: 62 (8 games)

Summary: Another one where you see "knee recon" and alarm bells start ringing. But lets start with price. At $146k he's basically priced as an 18 year old rookie. Scoring potential? Averaged nearly 96 in both 2009 and 2010. In 2011 he had 3 sub affected scores, 2 scores in the 70s and 2 in the 90s (getting over 20 possies in all non-sub games except 1). Later in this years season, after 12 months on the sidelines he collected 15 possies in his first game back in the VFL, playing less than 3 quarters.

Ric's Prediction: After a full preseason, at that price and with his scoring history, you have to consider him. Will push a 90+ average

Matty411

Would lock this guy in as my M6 at a bargain price but with Goddard and maybe Caddy coming to Essendon I reckon he'll be shipped out and struggle to get a game if he stays in that midfield...

If he looks good for a starting berth come R1 though... lock

Justin Bieber

Hagebear

Yeh lock and load if he's starting in round 1. The kids a jet!

Ziplock

Quote from: Hagebear on September 14, 2012, 04:10:04 PM
Yeh lock and load if he's starting in round 1. The kids a jet!
kid? isn't he 27 next year lol?

Spinking

I'm on board if he is up and about in the nab. Have always liked him, but he's never really lived up to his potential due to those injuries.

mx187

If he starts round 1 and is around the 150k price will be in my mid.

Windigo

Would take him over a rookie because of what he is capable of.

But it could be a big fail if he fails to get a game/goes shower.  :-\

henry

If he actually gets that price he could average 70 and still be a good pickup. The only thing is whether or not he gets enough regular games. If he does, will be locked if only on the bench.

Kellogscrunchynut

That price is too good to ignore I will take him over Whitfield.

Adamant

Not sure if he would be in the best 22 anymore, but that price is too good to ignore...

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: Adamant on September 14, 2012, 07:48:50 PM
Not sure if he would be in the best 22 anymore, but that price is too good to ignore...
Yeah true maybe another move could be fortunate to his career, unless Essendon have significant plans for him.

elephants

Nice find mate ;)

Will monitor his nab :)

Footy_Boiz

Quote from: elephants on September 14, 2012, 09:04:34 PM
Nice find mate ;)

Will monitor his nab :)

+1
Now on my radar, cheers Ric will be a good pick up for that price

LaHug

Hadn't even thought about him. Thanks for the writeup, Ric! If he's actually around that price and playing in round 1, it'd be very hard to not pick him up!