Average Disposals: 26

Starting Price: 493,500

Low Price: 408,500   

High Price: $499,500

Fanplanner Price: 531,700

Position: B/M   

Misc: Ranked 14th in the AFL for total effective disposals

Thoughts

Heath Scotland is the man that proves me wrong every year. Each pre-season I'm caught saying 'nah, he's too old, no way he'll maintain his average' - Then he ges and does it. 3 seasons in a row I have predicted his fall but I'm still waiting to be right. This year he showed he is still a high quality outside player and was one of the top 5 defenders for the year (on average & total points.)

Verdict

While Scotland is a proven performer and one of the more reliable defenders, his age still makes me want to overlook him in my Round 1 team. I'd much prefer to see how he performs then look at him as an upgrade target.

Prediction

I think he'll break 90 again, but I still don't have the gonads to pick him. Do you?

kilbluff1985

not for his starting price maybe wait for it to drop and get him in as an upgrade

Jroo

Didn't pick him this year because I thought he was too old and will not pick him again next year because of his age even though he was pretty good this year

Adamant

Torpedo10

Probably on the decline, will watch throughout the season to see if he can score well.

Shihan7

Not for me at that price. Will look at him as an upgrade target.

Ricochet

due to age i'll probably upgrade to him if he's still pumping out decent scores

Hagebear

Quote from: Torpedo10 on September 15, 2012, 04:02:48 PM
Probably on the decline, will watch throughout the season to see if he can score well.

Don't know about on the decline. Averaged 98 (08), 93 (09), 94 (10), 105 (11) and 100 last year. And has barely missed a game since 2006. A starting spot could open up with the departure of Deledio. Very much set and forget with Heath.

quinny88

Will wait and see what role mick has in store for him before picking him up

Jay

theta