Jack Grimes (Melbourne Demons)   - requested by Adamant

Position: D/M

Price: $434,400 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 6

2012 Games: 21

2011 Average: 74

2012 Average: 92

2012 Tons: 7

Big games: Power (135), Giants (125), Saints (111)

Summary:
At last, Jack Grimes got himself through a season (reasonably) unharmed and ended up playing over 20 games for the first time in his career. Gained the co-captaincy of the Dees at the start of the season, but a few weeks before the season started Grimesy seemed to send an omen to would-be coaches by hurting his shoulder in a training session. However he worked his way back into the round 1 side and started off with three less than appetising scores in the 60s before getting KO'd (& suspended) against the tigers in round 3. With everyone expecting this to be the first of many injuries, some coaches jumped off him, but from round 5 onwards Grimesy scored less than 7 only once and tonned up seven times! His biggest scores obviously came against some fellow cellar-dwelling teams, but he showed us that he can still manage to score well against stronger teams (e.g. Collingwood -114).

Verdict:
Very likely to be in my team. With Grimesy's best scores coming against weaker opposition, I reckon this young man's scores should improve as his team does, which hopefully we will see some of next year. Very consistent throughout the season, my only concern is his inability to play out a season, however this year's injury-free season gives me some courage on this front.

Predicted 2013 average: 97

Justin Bieber

I recon he can push to 100. He is like the only good player at Melbourne atm.

Kellogscrunchynut

The only non-rookie Demon that I would consider picking.

Toga

Quote from: whatlez on September 13, 2012, 07:13:38 PM
I recon he can push to 100. He is like the only good player at Melbourne atm.

completely agree lez, especially with more midfield time!

henry

Locked for me, still kicking myself that I traded him in round 3 when he was suspended to prevent a donut  :-[

Windigo

Has burnt many in the past, but I'm willing to get him in.....

Torpedo10

Starting him, Hoping for a good season.

Adamant

Cheers Toga, only thing that's keeping him out of my team is injury concerns and the quality backline options this year...
Unless I go him over Goddard...

Ziplock

what quality back options?

3rd highest average behind scotland (who's old enough he should be an upgrade target), and goddard

Adamant

Quote from: Ziplock on September 13, 2012, 07:39:38 PM

3rd highest average behind scotland (who's old enough he should be an upgrade target), and goddard
Gibbs, Birch, God, Heppell, Duff, Hanley (not a fan tbh), and Suckers who could potentially be underpriced.

ronl

If he has a strong, injury free pre-season he's a lock.

Ziplock

Quote from: Adamant on September 13, 2012, 07:42:19 PM

Gibbs, Birch, God, Heppell, Duff, Hanley (not a fan tbh), and Suckers who could potentially be underpriced.
Gibbd and Goddard are pretty much locks... apart from that, only suckling could be considered above grimes- nobody else on that list has ever averaged over 90, and with the exception of heppell they're all older than grimes as well.

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 13, 2012, 07:59:19 PM

Gibbd and Goddard are pretty much locks... apart from that, only suckling could be considered above grimes- nobody else on that list has ever averaged over 90, and with the exception of heppell they're all older than grimes as well.

I agree to be honest - I will be starting Grimes, Birchall, Gibbs, Hanley/Goddard, Bock i think

mx187

Quote from: Toga on September 13, 2012, 07:12:25 PM
Jack Grimes (Melbourne Demons)   - requested by Adamant

Position: D/M

Price: $434,400 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 6

2012 Games: 21

2011 Average: 74

2012 Average: 92

2012 Tons: 7

Big games: Power (135), Giants (125), Saints (111)

Summary:
At last, Jack Grimes got himself through a season (reasonably) unharmed and ended up playing over 20 games for the first time in his career. Gained the co-captaincy of the Dees at the start of the season, but a few weeks before the season started Grimesy seemed to send an omen to would-be coaches by hurting his shoulder in a training session. However he worked his way back into the round 1 side and started off with three less than appetising scores in the 60s before getting KO'd (& suspended) against the tigers in round 3. With everyone expecting this to be the first of many injuries, some coaches jumped off him, but from round 5 onwards Grimesy scored less than 7 only once and tonned up seven times! His biggest scores obviously came against some fellow cellar-dwelling teams, but he showed us that he can still manage to score well against stronger teams (e.g. Collingwood -114).

Verdict:
Very likely to be in my team. With Grimesy's best scores coming against weaker opposition, I reckon this young man's scores should improve as his team does, which hopefully we will see some of next year. Very consistent throughout the season, my only concern is his inability to play out a season, however this year's injury-free season gives me some courage on this front.

Predicted 2013 average: 97

With everyone expecting this to be the first of many injuries, some coaches jumped off him = ME

Im locking him in again

Adamant

Quote from: Ziplock on September 13, 2012, 07:59:19 PM

Well, I've got Goddard, Gibbs, Birch and Heppell atm, will probably drop Hepp for Grimes...just worried about the injury risk  :P