2013 Player Profile: Aaron Sandilands

Started by Toga, September 13, 2012, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

goldy is way riskier than Sandi. if goldy spuds up and averages 80 - who are you going to trade him to? whereas if Sandi gets injured, you can go straight to McEvoy, Maric or Cox

tbagrocks

Quote from: essendon2 on January 28, 2013, 11:11:06 PM
goldy is way riskier than Sandi. if goldy spuds up and averages 80 - who are you going to trade him to? whereas if Sandi gets injured, you can go straight to McEvoy, Maric or Cox
Spot on, Sandi at minimum if he gets injured will have averaged 90 more likely 95+

You can't trust Goldy to do that

Jukes

As I stated, Goldy is still developing. If you follow his natural career progression in relevance to that of other ruckmen you'll probably find that he'd be expected to reach a peak of 100+, seeing that he averaged 99 when he was just 23.

Now with more experience and the lacking presence of another experienced ruckman in HamMac, and assuming he stays injury free as he had a lot of niggles with his body adapting to the pressures of full-time afl football in 2012 with continuous cramping/soreness and sickness he should go at least 93+, probably closer to the 100.

Anyway you guys go Sandi, keep Goldy unique and I'll be laughing when in round 10 Sandi's played 3 games while Goldy has averaged 100.

Windigo

If you think Goldy will be unique you'd be dreaming.  :P

Jukes

Quote from: Windigo on January 29, 2013, 12:17:23 AM
If you think Goldy will be unique you'd be dreaming.  :P

Moar people in this thread going Sandi than Goldy...

And everybody is going off goldy now because two biased articles courtesy of dreamers and dt talk have peer pressured people into dropping him.

Ricochet

Quote from: Grazz on January 28, 2013, 09:32:47 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 28, 2013, 08:15:12 PM
Yeh my point was focused more around people expecting him to hit around the 95ish mark and that there are other much safer options

Thats fair enough to mate, all im saying is Sandi will avg 95 standing on his head and  tapping the ball down with his size 12 feet. Two trades a week takes all the injury/worry factor away. Best pre season he's had in awhile fitter than he's ever been. If i get ten games from him it will all be gold, hoping for better obviously, if he plays all year he'll be in the top 3 ruckmen with only Cox and Maric keeping him there i think. Only an opinion. ;)
Yeh I'm just worried that if he does go down it could be a <40 score and the extra trades can't help with that
But if he comes out and goes bang I will look stupid

Windigo

Haha, well I'm sure Goldy will have a loyal following none-the-less.  ;)

Grazz

I'll be honest Goldy has never been in my team, its been Maric now ive switched to Sandi, im content with my decision. I'll follow my gut at this stage.  ;D

essendon2

Quote from: Grazz on January 29, 2013, 12:42:47 AM
I'll be honest Goldy has never been in my team, its been Maric now ive switched to Sandi, im content with my decision. I'll follow my gut at this stage.  ;D
I've had goldy but never liked the look of him.. his last 15 games last season were without HMac and he didn't do that well. McEvoy is killing pre season and is a lot safer choice IMO

Toga

Quote from: Grazz on January 29, 2013, 12:42:47 AM

+1 exact same as me.

I reckon I'll punt on sandi, will dominate when fit, and tbh he should score well so if he injures himself it won't be hard to swap for Maric. 8)

azza707

Quote from: Jukes on January 29, 2013, 12:12:13 AM
As I stated, Goldy is still developing. If you follow his natural career progression in relevance to that of other ruckmen you'll probably find that he'd be expected to reach a peak of 100+, seeing that he averaged 99 when he was just 23.

Now with more experience and the lacking presence of another experienced ruckman in HamMac, and assuming he stays injury free as he had a lot of niggles with his body adapting to the pressures of full-time afl football in 2012 with continuous cramping/soreness and sickness he should go at least 93+, probably closer to the 100.

Anyway you guys go Sandi, keep Goldy unique and I'll be laughing when in round 10 Sandi's played 3 games while Goldy has averaged 100.

all of what you just said barely makes a difference. your missing one key aspect and thats the north Melbourne gameplan. Goldstein struggles a lot with the run and carry of North as evident by his scores. Scott brought in a new plan and while Macca seemed to do well under it, Goldy did not. Even when Macca was injured GOldy still struggled to hit the big scores. I dont see north melbournes game plan changing much at all purely for Goldy, and unless hes done some massive work over the pre season and is more adaptable to the run and carry style then i think he will continue to struggle. Pick him at your own risk, but unless he shows massive signs in NAB ill be going with Sandy.

Ricochet

Quote from: azza707 on January 29, 2013, 09:31:16 PM
Quote from: Jukes on January 29, 2013, 12:12:13 AM

all of what you just said barely makes a difference. your missing one key aspect and thats the north Melbourne gameplan. Goldstein struggles a lot with the run and carry of North as evident by his scores. Scott brought in a new plan and while Macca seemed to do well under it, Goldy did not. Even when Macca was injured GOldy still struggled to hit the big scores. I dont see north melbournes game plan changing much at all purely for Goldy, and unless hes done some massive work over the pre season and is more adaptable to the run and carry style then i think he will continue to struggle. Pick him at your own risk, but unless he shows massive signs in NAB ill be going with Sandy.
Sorry Azza but... Game plan? Goldy is a ruckman. They get their points from stoppages (obviously), scoring (resting forward) and taking marks/possessions from "post-up" plays out of defense/down the wing. How does a run and carry game plan affect a ruckman?
He had an interrupted year competing with another quality ruckman. You can hardly put his below average scoring down to game plan

Football Factory

I made room for Sandi .. no pun intended

Colliwobblers

if sandi has steel capped boots with bionic toe defence system built in i will consider him, burnt me last season but very very hard to find a better fantasy ruckman especially in the DT type formats.

Still a couple of DPP rucks are a tempting option also then there is looey if he comes up in time so maybe an upgrade to a healthy sandi from looey will be the order of the day for me?

goldy is a tap ruckman gets lots of hitouts and is good so many go to advantage, = great for SC as his stats from 2012 show, not so great for DT due to his lack of any significant possession numbers.

that said he did score elite in DT in 2011 and with HMac gone he may well again in 2013. Good value and on my SC radar not sure I am quite sold on him for DT especially with the options available.

elephants

I couldn't... I just couldn't.

Coxy, Leuy with a ruck/fwd premo in the fwds is fine for me.

Although... extra trades? No, I can't.