2013 Player Profile: Aaron Sandilands

Started by Toga, September 13, 2012, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Quote from: Jukes on January 26, 2013, 07:32:23 PM
Already picked up an injury, won't play 15 games this season. Big pass for me.

Nothing to do with an injury what so ever. It was a personal medical issue, he's fine.

Ricochet

out of curiosity.... what does everyone else expect him to score?

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on January 28, 2013, 04:01:51 PM

Id expect an avg of 95+ or very close to that.

Windigo

If he plays all year he would have to be top 2 in ruck man surely.

essendon2

what's everyone expecting mcEvoy to score for the first 5 rounds with his dream start?

Ricochet

I only ask because I've been reassessing my thoughts towards Sandi...

1)I see 10ish guys going 90+
Cox, Maric, Sandi, Roughead, Hmac, Goldy, Leuy, McEvoy, Ryder maybe, Mummy maybe and Bellchambers maybe

2)Injury concerns... A bit of talk on this thread has been about Sandi being so dominant and ahead of the rest that the injury concerns are cancelled out because of the extra two trades. But, as also mentioned before, an injury could be a <40 score.

3) Is he that far ahead.... He has also never gone 98+, is 31 this year and hasn't played a full season in two years.

4) I only see a gap between the 1st ruckman and the 8th,9th,10th ruckman as only 5ish points.

So surely there are safer and cheaper options who will be similar to sandy or 2-3 points behind at most

Windigo

Good points. Mumford is another option but last year....... :-[

Or Roughy, Bellchambers, H-Mac, Ryder, Goldy. Plenty of options to consider. Even Sauce can improve a bit.

Then you have the 3rd tier rucks headed by Kreuzer, Clarke, Griffin & Martin.

Then you got smoky picks like Warnock, Smith, Pederson. A lot to think about.  :P

But I still maintain that H-Mac (if fit) is a DT ruck beast and a good selection if over his injury woes.

essendon2

Cox > Maric > Sandi > Roughead > McEvoy > Goldy > Jacobs > Bellchambers

Grazz

Did H-Mac have some surgery on his hip after he got to the Cats, i have a feeling i read something somewhere but cant remember if it was him or Goldy. Thanks.

Football Factory

From memeory im going back to stats i did a year or two ago here but i think if you remove Sandilands injury affected games he averaged over 100 in 2011

tbagrocks

Quote from: essendon2 on January 28, 2013, 04:18:55 PM
what's everyone expecting mcEvoy to score for the first 5 rounds with his dream start?
Forget about a dream start to me it's a myth, I see people saying Gold Coast and Port have an easy draw :o Nothing for them will be easy!

But I am looking at Ben but worried about JS and scoring potential now with Hickey

Windigo

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 28, 2013, 05:51:27 PM
From memeory im going back to stats i did a year or two ago here but i think if you remove Sandilands injury affected games he averaged over 100 in 2011

Yeah, I reckon that would be right.  Got 47 when injured.

Last year in 2012 he averaged near 101 taking out that 10 game. You could say he is value at his price.  :o

Ricochet

Yeh my point was focused more around people expecting him to hit around the 95ish mark and that there are other much safer options

Grazz

Quote from: Ricochet on January 28, 2013, 08:15:12 PM
Yeh my point was focused more around people expecting him to hit around the 95ish mark and that there are other much safer options

Thats fair enough to mate, all im saying is Sandi will avg 95 standing on his head and  tapping the ball down with his size 12 feet. Two trades a week takes all the injury/worry factor away. Best pre season he's had in awhile fitter than he's ever been. If i get ten games from him it will all be gold, hoping for better obviously, if he plays all year he'll be in the top 3 ruckmen with only Cox and Maric keeping him there i think. Only an opinion. ;)

Jukes

Goldstein is a better risk than Sandilands if we're playing the hurr durr we can just trade out spuds card (which I don't believe in), 70k less and poses a lot more room to improve, Sandi will go at most 100 which is at most a 7 point increase which is like 35k (AT BEST), while Goldstein at best could go ~100 (he's only early 20s remember, and rucks take longer to develop to their full potential than backs/mids/forwards) which is a 21 point increase, equating to a 105k increase, and Goldy has a much lower risk factor as he's less injury prone, in addition to Sandi having Clarke/Griffen at his heels while Goldy only has rookies (unless you count Petrie, who will play forward 99% of the time)

So if we're going a *risky* first ruck, Goldy is a much better choice than Sandilands.