2013 Player Profile: Aaron Sandilands

Started by Toga, September 13, 2012, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bones Bombers

Quote from: Grazz on January 14, 2013, 11:23:15 AM
Unlimited trades changes all thoughts on injury risk players. Everyone practically comes under consideration again now.
What does an injured player cost you though?
In past seasons they have cost coaches a lower injury affected score, a price drop and a trade.
Trades are not as important as before but an injury still hurts.
Even the trade hurts if you planned a downgrade upgrade that week.
It's not all roses.

Grazz

Quote from: Bones Bombers on January 14, 2013, 11:52:37 AM
Quote from: Grazz on January 14, 2013, 11:23:15 AM
Unlimited trades changes all thoughts on injury risk players. Everyone practically comes under consideration again now.
What does an injured player cost you though?
In past seasons they have cost coaches a lower injury affected score, a price drop and a trade.
Trades are not as important as before but an injury still hurts.
Even the trade hurts if you planned a downgrade upgrade that week.
It's not all roses.

Agreed but who can predict when an injury will strike or even if it will to someone thats a bit injury prone. Players like Sandi who potentially could be in the top 2 scorers for their position could reap you alot of points before turf toe pops up again and sure if he goes down in the 1st quater it will hurt your score/rank that week but you could still be ahead on points he's already made compared to someone else and if he goes down with an 80 or better in a game what have you lost but some money. If he's top 2 for the rucks he'll lose a bit but you'll still have enough to jump onto another ruckmen make some money then buy him back should you wish and have no concern about trades as long as you have the time now to get a full prem side not amount of trades.

Bones Bombers

Don't get me wrong, if Sandi is fit I would love to have him in my team. Not sure if I could fit him in.
He still has the potential to be number 1 ruck in the league.
My comment wasn't about Sandi in particular but injury prone players in general.

Grazz

Quote from: Bones Bombers link=topic=68006.msg 961508#msg 961508 date=1358125894
Don't get me wrong, if Sandi is fit I would love to have him in my team. Not sure if I could fit him in.
My comment wasn't about Sandi in particular but injury prone players in general.

Yeh i understand mate regarding your comment. Sandi is one of a few that are viable because of their potential to score and like your comment alludes to a lot are still a big risk to your plans should something go wrong with them. I like you still think you need to be careful who you take the risk with. Filling your team with injury affected or prone players could still be a disaster with unlimited trades when coaches are upgrading and you have to go sideways again for that week. Theres alot more thinking to be done for 2013 i know that. It may of gotten a bit easier with trades but its gotten more complex while we get our heads around the rules and new strategys etc. The amount of research you do weekly now will really pay off and put a gap between the guy that just plods along and ugrades his rooks at the right time to prems in the sense that there will be prems on high BE's that can replaced for other Prems looking at a big price increase for that week and capable of scoring aswell as your fallen Prem to make money from. Use the trades when there are viable options for cash/points with these and injury affected scores, rookie to rookie downgrades early in the year etc and you will be taking advantage of the 44 trades to the fullest. I still think in certain teams at certain times there may be nothing you can do for any given week particularly in the second half of the year but most weeks you will be busy looking to use a trade to make some money or points if your not upgrading.

Edit Ive got Maric in my team with Luey at the minute at 1 and 2 so im now thinking save a few bucks and take a punt on Sandi staying fit early or hopefully all year.

azza707

Mcevoy looked a great pick until they traded for Hickey who was very promising for GC when he did play. Saints may want to use Stanely's extreme pace and agility up front/around the grounds, so Hickey may come in to help McEvoy while Voldt and Kosi sit forward. Will have to see their roles come NAB but im put off by McEvoy atm.

azza707

Quote from: Grazz on January 14, 2013, 12:37:16 PM
Quote from: Bones Bombers link=topic=68006.msg 961508#msg 961508 date=1358125894

Yeh i understand mate regarding your comment. Sandi is one of a few that are viable because of their potential to score and like your comment alludes to a lot are still a big risk to your plans should something go wrong with them. I like you still think you need to be careful who you take the risk with. Filling your team with injury affected or prone players could still be a disaster with unlimited trades when coaches are upgrading and you have to go sideways again for that week. Theres alot more thinking to be done for 2013 i know that. It may of gotten a bit easier with trades but its gotten more complex while we get our heads around the rules and new strategys etc. The amount of research you do weekly now will really pay off and put a gap between the guy that just plods along and ugrades his rooks at the right time to prems in the sense that there will be prems on high BE's that can replaced for other Prems looking at a big price increase for that week and capable of scoring aswell as your fallen Prem to make money from. Use the trades when there are viable options for cash/points with these and injury affected scores, rookie to rookie downgrades early in the year etc and you will be taking advantage of the 44 trades to the fullest. I still think in certain teams at certain times there may be nothing you can do for any given week particularly in the second half of the year but most weeks you will be busy looking to use a trade to make some money or points if your not upgrading.

Edit Ive got Maric in my team with Luey at the minute at 1 and 2 so im now thinking save a few bucks and take a punt on Sandi staying fit early or hopefully all year.

Haha gee, that was a bit of a read, but nonetheless well said :) some good points in there. I myself and starting the Sandi / Berger combo and taking the risk with Sandi. I think his scoring potential seriously outweighs the fact that he could get injured. Hopefully he can get a solid pre season in as well this year. Also considering rolling the dice on Hartlett who is in a similar boat to Sandi. Could be in the top 3 scoreres of each of their positions, and if the rest of your team allows it, then this year there is room to role the dice on these players.

Grazz

Agreed azza, the new rules have opened a door to a lot of other Fantasy Footy relevant players now, that we would normally never look at with the old rules. The risk factor has been reduced slightly due to 44 trades so all our preconceived ideas and thoughts about certain players needs to go out the window and we wipe the slate clean. 95% of players are now an option at any given time.

T Dog

Quote from: Grazz on January 15, 2013, 11:33:23 AM
Agreed azza, the new rules have opened a door to a lot of other Fantasy Footy relevant players now, that we would normally never look at with the old rules. The risk factor has been reduced slightly due to 44 trades so all our preconceived ideas and thoughts about certain players needs to go out the window and we wipe the slate clean. 95% of players are now an option at any given time.
Nice Grazz..just need a list of the 5% to exclude, send it to Dr DT and he will do the rest... ::)

Grazz

Quote from: T Dog on January 15, 2013, 01:05:44 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 15, 2013, 11:33:23 AM
Nice Grazz..just need a list of the 5% to exclude, send it to Dr DT and he will do the rest... ::)

Lol yeh its that 5% that will hurt ya. Wish i had a list mate, sadly i havent. :(

azza707

Well you can start that list with Max Bailey.....buuuut if youre picking him in DT to begin with then you're wasting your time ;)

Mr.Craig

FREMANTLE giant ruckman Aaron Sandilands has undergone minor pre-season surgery for a vascular problem.

The towering ruck star was forced to miss a major Dockers pre-season session on Friday as he recovered from the surgery.

Sandilands will, however, be back at training on Monday morning, with the club dismissing the problem as minor.

Injuries have limited Sandilands' past two campaigns with the Dockers, with a "turf toe" problem restricting the 211cm giant to 13 games in 2011 and then 14 games last year.

But, despite his body setbacks the dominant ruckman declared recently he was determined to play on past the remaining two years of his current Fremantle contract.

"I'm contracted for the next two years and I'm feeling really good at the moment," he said earlier this month.

"If the body keeps holding up, there's no reason why that would be the end of it."

Fremantle has yet to comment officially on Sandilands' latest setback.

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2013/01/25/sandilands-goes-under-knife/

Grazz

Nothing major to be concerned about i feel.

Adamant

Quote from: Grazz on January 26, 2013, 04:53:22 PM
Nothing major to be concerned about i feel.

Yeah, I don't think it will affect him too much at all. As long as he's fit for round 1, he'll be in my team. :)

Jukes

Already picked up an injury, won't play 15 games this season. Big pass for me.

Adamant

Quote from: Jukes on January 26, 2013, 07:32:23 PM
Already picked up an injury, won't play 15 games this season. Big pass for me.

We have unlimited trades though. Even if he does get injured, just sideways him. He'll be in the top 3 highest averaging rucks easily.