2013 Player Profile: Aaron Sandilands

Started by Toga, September 13, 2012, 06:51:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on October 17, 2012, 01:09:36 PM
The big problem with Sandi is that he has only played 2 half seasons in the last 2 years. This either makes him fresher next year or an injury concern.

No, i cant risk it
more of an injury concern that fresh i think

Colliwobblers

black listed.

too many options within his scoring ability / potential to ever consider him again.

I'll take the 5-10 points less average and sleep at night thanks all the same.

Adamant

Is anyone tempted to take the punt on Sandi with 30 trades this year? he is definitely in consideration, but Goldy is probably still a better option.

nrich102

Most people have Probably already seen this, but:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-03/no-mean-feet-for-sandi

QuoteFREMANTLE ruckman Aaron Sandilands returned to pre-season training on Monday with a clean injury slate after eight weeks spent strengthening his troubled feet.

The three-time All Australian has been struck down by a reoccurring toe injury for the last two years, but he said he would enter 2013 "100 per cent confident" that both feet would hold up in his 12th season.

Sandilands, who turns 30 on Thursday, didn't undergo any surgery in the off-season and said a solid running program had him well placed to complete his best pre-season in years.

tbagrocks

Well I had him in my first two years and seeing he has had half a season off for those two years he should be fairly fresh and ready to dominate, still a risk yeah but most ruckmen are fairly prone to injury anyway

nrich102

Quote from: tbagrocks on December 08, 2012, 06:13:27 PM
Well I had him in my first two years and seeing he has had half a season off for those two years he should be fairly fresh and ready to dominate, still a risk yeah but most ruckmen are fairly prone to injury anyway
You make a good point

salver11

Quote from: Adamant on December 08, 2012, 04:45:10 PM
Is anyone tempted to take the punt on Sandi with 30 trades this year? he is definitely in consideration, but Goldy is probably still a better option.
Why is there so much Goldy love? Not just from you i've seen it everywhere. Did you actually have Goldy last year? I did and here's some stats for you. Over his last ten games last year Goldy scored a dismal 714 at an av of 71.4 and only managed 2 scores over 100.

There will be absolutely no difference between the roll he played in those last 10 games to the roll he'll play next year as he was the sole ruckmen then and will be so next year. He was 100% fit, the sole ruckman and he wasn't getting the job done. I see this as a major issue for North.

I'll be concervitave and say sandi will Av25 points more than that next year. With the 30 trades he is absolutely worth the punt and you will see the wave of supporters who had him in there team 3 and 4 seasons ago swinging back.

Adamant

Quote from: salver11 on December 08, 2012, 08:21:48 PM
Why is there so much Goldy love? Not just from you i've seen it everywhere. Did you actually have Goldy last year? I did and here's some stats for you. Over his last ten games last year Goldy scored a dismal 714 at an av of 71.4 and only managed 2 scores over 100.

There will be absolutely no difference between the roll he played in those last 10 games to the roll he'll play next year as he was the sole ruckmen then and will be so next year. He was 100% fit, the sole ruckman and he wasn't getting the job done. I see this as a major issue for North.

I'll be concervitave and say sandi will Av25 points more than that next year. With the 30 trades he is absolutely worth the punt and you will see the wave of supporters who had him in there team 3 and 4 seasons ago swinging back.

With McIntosh in the team, Goldy had scores of 56, 71, 53, 33, and 88 at an average of 60.2. If you take these scores out, and the sub affected 55 against West Coast (when he got concussed), he averaged 87.5, but is priced at just 79.

With H-Mac at the Cats, Goldy should at least replicate that average, which would place him in the top 6 rucks.

He is 40-60k cheaper than popular rucks in NicNat, McEvoy, Ryder, and Roughy (and should score similarly to them, if not more), and a massive 100k cheaper than Cox and Maric.

Holz

Quote from: Adamant on December 08, 2012, 09:04:45 PM

With McIntosh in the team, Goldy had scores of 56, 71, 53, 33, and 88 at an average of 60.2. If you take these scores out, and the sub affected 55 against West Coast (when he got concussed), he averaged 87.5, but is priced at just 79.

With H-Mac at the Cats, Goldy should at least replicate that average, which would place him in the top 6 rucks.

He is 40-60k cheaper than popular rucks in NicNat, McEvoy, Ryder, and Roughy (and should score similarly to them, if not more), and a massive 100k cheaper than Cox and Maric.

goldy also had the flu in the last 2 games of the home and away season. Where he scored 24 and 60.  He averaged 99 in 2011 and im expecting 95+ next year.

Sure if sandi is 100% fit he should outscore goldy by 5 or so points, but thats a hug if. Also Goldy is alot cheaper.

salver11

McIntosh didn't play any of those last ten games from last season where he averaged 71, think H ac was out from round 7. As I said I had him and with a fair bit of cash on the line in my leagues so I was watching him pretty closely and was massively disappointed. But I can see where you are coming from, after all that's what got me sucked in too! I'm not gonna ty to hard to try and talk you out of a bad decision  ;).

Adamant

Quote from: salver11 on December 09, 2012, 02:15:24 AM

McIntosh didn't play any of those last ten games from last season where he averaged 71, think H ac was out from round 7. As I said I had him and with a fair bit of cash on the line in my leagues so I was watching him pretty closely and was massively disappointed. But I can see where you are coming from, after all that's what got me sucked in too! I'm not gonna ty to hard to try and talk you out of a bad decision  ;).

Just out of curiosity, who are you current rucks? obviously Berger, but which premium will you be going with at R1?

salver11

ATM moment it's Sandi and Burger but there's that much time to go yet they haven't even built the bridge for the water to go under! He just gets that many hit outs that he doesn't even have to do anything around the ground to score well. As is pretty obvious by what i've said earlier here I'd rather take the risk on Sandi's fitness holding up than someone like Goldy actually scoring well evey day of the week.

As is pretty obvious I was burned by Goldy late this year, I've done some Kruez bashing on here somewhere too because I've been burnt by him too. If I had to go someone outside Sani it would be McEvoy, Sauce or Ivan but they could all let me down too! On pure scoring output if he is out on the park I have to go with Sandi and if he gets injured well so be it.

2 Guys coming back from injury interupted seasons isn't ideal but maybe it's their turn for a run at it!

POK252

Get around the old pro's this year, Cox and Sandi!!!
With Coxy in the FWD line and Setanta as R3 + the added addition of 30 trades, it makes me feel better about taking the risk with Sandi.

Adamant

Sports Today ‏@6PRSportsToday
AARON SANDILANDS breaks his 3km time trial record. Toe injury giving no problems at all #gofreo #afl #6pr

Get on him!

tbagrocks

This should help his onfield possession and marking could yeah? 8)

Had him for two years as the cheaper alternative to Cox, thing is now there are a few alternatives, Maric the obvious but i'm actually considering Hmac or the more durable McEvoy, still might be tempted on Sandi come lockout