Main Menu

Giles to return to Adelaide?

Started by Ricochet, September 13, 2012, 12:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ziplock

people were shredding into hunt last year as well, he performed every bit as disappointing as folau... now he makes up one of the best clearance teams in the comp (it's hunt, ablett, prestia and swallow ranked number 1 aye?).

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 28, 2012, 04:03:00 PM
folau is going to be a beast. How many other players could step right into AFL with less than 12 months preperation? even Hunt had like 2 years :P You guys watch, he's going to be a machine :P

hahaha dw mate I couldn't resist having a dig :P

I actually don't mind him at all, he's got a fantastic build for an AFL player and sure knows how to bust some packs (lets just hope he can start doing it without killing his own players first haha) and once he gets a bit more of a head for the game I actually think he'll be decent as well!

I think he'll come good, maybe not this year, but he'll turn out alright!

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Hagebear on September 27, 2012, 11:34:38 PM
Quote from: Tominator on September 18, 2012, 08:27:02 PM
could be used in the forward line as well, but I don't think he would fit in and I don't think the Crows need him. Josh Jenkins will be much better cover for WHEN Kurt Tippett leaves, so I don't think there is much point in getting Giles

Big Kurtley will stay!! I can feel it in my bones!! *watch this space*

Which bone was that and did you have your hand around it?  :o

Tominator

I dont think Adelaide need him, after al Josh Jenkins could do the ruckwork and Tom Lynch be the third tall

Also apparently Adelaide are interested in Scott Clouston or something? The ex-Brisbane player? No thanks.........

Ringo

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2012, 01:32:40 AM
I dont think Adelaide need him, after al Josh Jenkins could do the ruckwork and Tom Lynch be the third tall

Also apparently Adelaide are interested in Scott Clouston or something? The ex-Brisbane player? No thanks.........
Clouston has had a Stellar year for the Redland Bombers in the NEAFL which has drawn attention to him. 2 BOG performances. Was delisted by Lions in 2009 and despite offers from 4 clubs stayed in Qld to finish Degree in Commerce and Management.  This has now been completed,  May be a handy mature aged player for some club.
Kicked 50 goals in 12 matches in the NEAFL.

nrich102

Adelaide probably don't need him. If he wants to go to Adelaide he'll probably need to go to port     ;)

Tominator

Quote from: nrich102 on October 06, 2012, 12:48:50 PM
Adelaide probably don't need him. If he wants to go to Adelaide he'll probably need to go to port     ;)

The club who he was at for four years and didn't get a game  ::)

Adelaide dont need Giles, we have a host of talks that can already fill the void left by Tippo, with Jenkins and Lynch and even Hemderson we will be fine. No need for a trade, the talent is there

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2012, 01:21:22 PM

Adelaide dont need Giles, we have a host of talks that can already fill the void left by Tippo, with Jenkins and Lynch and even Hemderson we will be fine. No need for a trade, the talent is there

Agreed but now he can come back to port asking for a salary prob 10 times what it was before!

Hagebear

Quote from: Tominator on October 06, 2012, 01:21:22 PM

Spot on Tommy. Have got more then enough cover. Well he's resigned with GWS anyways so no need to worry about that anymore. Now just need to get Tom Mitchell for Tippett and happy days ;)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149679/default.aspx

Ziplock

you know that sydney said very, very clearly that mitchell was neither on the table, nor any chance to be?

Tominator

Mitchell won't be traded unfortunately, if I was Adelaide I would hope Sydney do another deal in trade week

Maybe Jesse White for a second round pick?
Then Kurt Tippett for that second round pick + Pick 22

it may not be fair but it is better than nothing I guess... What are my fellow Crows' fans thoughts on that?

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Tominator on October 15, 2012, 08:16:12 PM
Mitchell won't be traded unfortunately, if I was Adelaide I would hope Sydney do another deal in trade week

Maybe Jesse White for a second round pick?
Then Kurt Tippett for that second round pick + Pick 22

it may not be fair but it is better than nothing I guess... What are my fellow Crows' fans thoughts on that?

It's unfortunate that the Crows don't really get the chance to play hardball and ask for a lot more. I'd feel just as annoyed if someone like Kieren Jack or Sam Reid went into the same situation.

Adelaide have lost too many players without real compensation