Main Menu

Giles to return to Adelaide?

Started by Ricochet, September 13, 2012, 12:07:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2012/09/13/giant-giles-looks-at-adelaide-return/

STALLED contract talks for Greater Western Sydney ruckman Jonathan Giles have clouded his immediate AFL future.

Giles is understood to have refused an initial new deal from Giants list manager Steve Silvagni and could be headed for trade talks next month.

But, in an ironic twist, the 200cm ruckman and handy part-time tall forward is being linked with a potential switch to Adelaide Crows and not a return to his original club Port.

Giles could form an imposing ruck back-up to borderline All-Australian Crows big man Sam Jacobs.

tbagrocks

don't think Jon wants to come to a team where he only gets a game when Sauce is (unlikely) injured or his customary "rest" before finals, don't know where the source came from but it would only be Jon wishing he could join the 2013 premiership club!

Ziplock

I really doubt it.

He might want some more money- which is fair enough, he's really good and we would have gotten completely dominated nearly every game in the ruckline without him, but from what I've seen Giles seems pretty devoted to the clubs that actually gave him a chance to shine.

Capper

Souinds like he will be Tipetts replacement in the Fwds and a back up ruckman

Ziplock

haven't heard even a whisper of this in sydney, leading me to believe this is just really wishful thinking on adelaides part :P

tbagrocks

how could WS let go of their only mature Ruck (hasn't Brogs retired?) crazy to let him go, but reality is

Adelaide recriuted JJ (Jenkins) last year for the Tippo departure

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/147568/default.aspx

and the there's Shaun McKernen developing that role to

Ziplock

only mcdonald's officially retired- brogan *might* have another 10 games in him, but I doubt he'll play on.

Justin Bieber

Oh I missed this thread... should of not made the one on the GWS section.. :S

Tominator

could be used in the forward line as well, but I don't think he would fit in and I don't think the Crows need him. Josh Jenkins will be much better cover for WHEN Kurt Tippett leaves, so I don't think there is much point in getting Giles

Hagebear

Quote from: Tominator on September 18, 2012, 08:27:02 PM
could be used in the forward line as well, but I don't think he would fit in and I don't think the Crows need him. Josh Jenkins will be much better cover for WHEN Kurt Tippett leaves, so I don't think there is much point in getting Giles

Big Kurtley will stay!! I can feel it in my bones!! *watch this space*

Ziplock

giles is substantially better than jenkins, as a ruck, in his marking, goal kicking, movement around the ground... all over really. If we didn't need him so badly in the ruck he'd be our no.1 key forward, and would chop up as well.

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on September 28, 2012, 03:28:29 AM

giles is substantially better than jenkins, as a ruck, in his marking, goal kicking, movement around the ground... all over really. If we didn't need him so badly in the ruck he'd be our no.1 key forward, and would chop up as well.

......instead you've got folau  8)

Ziplock

folau is going to be a beast. How many other players could step right into AFL with less than 12 months preperation? even Hunt had like 2 years :P You guys watch, he's going to be a machine :P

Ricochet

Quote from: Ziplock on September 28, 2012, 04:03:00 PM
folau is going to be a beast. How many other players could step right into AFL with less than 12 months preperation? even Hunt had like 2 years :P You guys watch, he's going to be a machine :P
I actually agree. It will be interesting to see what people say about Folau in another 12 months time

valkorum

Quote from: Ricochet on September 28, 2012, 04:07:36 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on September 28, 2012, 04:03:00 PM
I actually agree. It will be interesting to see what people say about Folau in another 12 months time

That Folau isnt as good as Hunt