2013 Player Profile: Dane Swan

Started by nrich102, September 12, 2012, 05:43:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Remember that the difference between him and someone that scores 10 ppg less is actually closer to 15-20 ppg that you're missing out on. The first 10 is from having a different player. The next 5-10 is from having a different captain. Unless you can guess when the Ablett, Cotchin, Stanton (from this year at least), etc. will outscore Swan and place the C accordingly*, you're going to be missing out on a lot! You've gotta start with him!

*I will do my best to predict those players for you in my weekly captains spiel ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: LaHug on September 26, 2012, 12:36:05 AM
Remember that the difference between him and someone that scores 10 ppg less is actually closer to 15-20 ppg that you're missing out on. The first 10 is from having a different player. The next 5-10 is from having a different captain. Unless you can guess when the Ablett, Cotchin, Stanton (from this year at least), etc. will outscore Swan and place the C accordingly*, you're going to be missing out on a lot! You've gotta start with him!

*I will do my best to predict those players for you in my weekly captains spiel ;)
always thinking about captains LH!  ;)

Holz

I start with him every year but I'm provably not next year. Its not because I think he will drop in value its simply he can't lift in average. Ablett Murphy and pendles are underpriced so they get a spot over swanny. If I can find a 4th swanny will be out.

All depends on MRB though.

Jukes

mx187

Will be my big C come round 1 next season (unless injured).

Should be selected by every coach, super premo scores = super premo price.

Won't make my SC team and to be honest never has.

Love the one-two's around the half back and half forward  lines they really increase his DT scores. His disposal efficiency lets him down a little otherwise would be the bestt player i the comp.

Ajax22

Quote from: Jukes on September 26, 2012, 10:03:03 AM
How is Ablett underpriced?

My feeling is that GCS should be much more competitive next year which should allow Ablett's scores to become a lot more consistent, hopefully eliminating some of those poorer scores from when they were just dominated across the board. If we're really lucky other teams might even throw the tag at Bennell or Swallow or someone.

That's why I feel he's maybe a bit underpriced, dont know if Holz had anything else to base it off?

Capper

Usually one of the first picked in my team, but not too sure about next year especially at that price, with Luke Ball really cheap and the bye structures. Will probably end up upgrading Ball to Swan

Shihan7

Definitely worth the price, safest captain option in the comp!

Colliwobblers

With all the discounted players that will be in my team in 2013 I can afford to pay "too much" for a few too.

If possible to pay too much for the best player in the DT game ( arguably / Ablett)

I will start him from round #1 but he won't be my first picked this season, Beams will be.

Football Factory

COLLINGWOOD midfielder Dane Swan says his fitness levels and motivation to perform this season are at career-high level   :o

He says he's just done one of the best pre-seasons of his AFL career and is raring to go.

SWAN IN FLIGHT

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/afl/more-news/collingwood-star-dane-swan-in-career-best-shape/story-e6frf9jf-1226567370610

Adamant

Quote from: Jukes on September 12, 2012, 08:16:00 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 12, 2012, 05:47:27 PM
Quote from: Spinking on September 12, 2012, 05:45:33 PM
Im sure he will still be a gun, but Im really hesitant about that price.  Reckon I might hold off for a while and upgrade to him laster in the season.
People said that last season, yet got cained without him.

People have said that for abut the last 4 seasons, and he keeps proving them wrong :P he's never not been in my 30 (or 33) for one round since I started dt, and that ain't gonna change.

Hmm, lucky you got him into your team just recently...

Jukes

Quote from: Adamant on February 03, 2013, 06:12:27 PM
Quote from: Jukes on September 12, 2012, 08:16:00 PM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 12, 2012, 05:47:27 PM
Quote from: Spinking on September 12, 2012, 05:45:33 PM
Im sure he will still be a gun, but Im really hesitant about that price.  Reckon I might hold off for a while and upgrade to him laster in the season.
People said that last season, yet got cained without him.

People have said that for abut the last 4 seasons, and he keeps proving them wrong :P he's never not been in my 30 (or 33) for one round since I started dt, and that ain't gonna change.

Hmm, lucky you got him into your team just recently...

who's saying I didn't exclude him and/or talk shower about it just to throw people off him?

Windigo

Some one is telling pork pies. Or maybe there swablett  sheep pies.  :P

tbagrocks

Quote from: Windigo on February 03, 2013, 06:44:03 PM
Some one is telling pork pies. Or maybe there swablett  sheep pies.  :P
Someone's telling sheppards pies

Windigo