Started by the flying hawk, September 12, 2012, 10:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

roo boys!

Quote from: valkorum on September 24, 2012, 11:24:44 AM
Quote from: Fletch74 on September 19, 2012, 10:16:52 AM
Quote from: Sid on September 18, 2012, 03:54:10 PM
Quote from: Maca24 on September 18, 2012, 03:51:23 PM
You bomber fans on holding onto lost hope if you think Gumby has potential. :/
Sorry, but he just looks out of his depth whenever I see him play. And he has shocking skills.
Have obviously not seen him play that much :-X

A preseason or two into him and he'd be more than useful. Worth retaining at the very least.
^^^ This

He wasn't drafted at No. 3 for no reason. Carlton wanted him at No. 4 too.

He was actually drafted at #2
Hansen at 3 :-X

valkorum

How's this for an idea.  Dylan Roberton for Gumbleton and swap of picks favouring Freo seeing as we are taking a risk on an injury prone player.  Prob swap 2nd and/or 3rd round picks

Maca24

Quote from: valkorum on October 09, 2012, 05:08:07 PM
How's this for an idea.  Dylan Roberton for Gumbleton and swap of picks favouring Freo seeing as we are taking a risk on an injury prone player.  Prob swap 2nd and/or 3rd round picks
As much as I hate Gumbleton that trade is so unfair.

valkorum

Cicjose

i would want nothing less than 2 3rd round picks plus Gumbleton..... if fremantle go for Gumby (hopefully we don't)

AFEV

Quote from: valkorum on October 09, 2012, 05:13:51 PM
Why?
Because despite coming with added risk Gumby has the potential to become a very good player. I'd value him much much higher than Roberton and you want a pick upgrade on top of that.

...No.

This is precisely why I think we need to retain Scott. He is worth so much more to us than he is on the trade table and the grim reality is that these are the kinds of offers we're likely to get for him.

Fletch74

100% agree. If we trade him, then we're potentially giving away what could be a real diamond in the rough.

Just needs a pre-season, and he'll shine.

Ricochet

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 10, 2012, 09:56:30 AM
100% agree. If we trade him, then we're potentially giving away what could be a real diamond in the rough.

Just needs a pre-season, and he'll shine.
thats why we want him  :D

elephants

I'll be very concerned about Freos forward line in years to come if they get Gumby.

Mayne, Pav, Gumby, rotating ruckmen...

And Lachie Hansen being courted to...

Cicjose

Fremantle should not take anymore of Essendon's duds

surely we can find a rookie somewhere in the country who can kick goals as a key forward

Maca24

Quote from: Cicjose on October 10, 2012, 08:41:48 PM

surely we can find a rookie somewhere in the country who can kick goals as a key forward
Tom Lee would have suited you well.

valkorum

Quote from: Cicjose on October 10, 2012, 08:41:48 PM

I think you are confusing his nickname with his ability.  The boy can play, he has just not been able to get on the park.