Michael Rischtelli - Gold Coast Suns

Position: MID

Price: $295,100 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 21

2012 Games: 14

2011 Average: 95.6

2012 Average: 62

2012 Tons: 1

Summary: Was quality back at Brissie and again in his first year at GC. Having missed 2 games in 5 years before an injury interrupted pre-season derailed his 2012 campaign RiskaTelly looks like a risk worth taking. Priced at an average of 62, he is potentially 30 points under-priced. Averages of 96 and 95 in 2010 and 2011 hold him in good stead for 2013 if he can get his pre-season routine down pat.

Verdict: Damn these mid-price midfielders... Will likely be battling with Embley and Ball. might be a nice POD.

Ele's prediction: Only thing that went wrong this year was a pre-season injury. He'll be back - 93.

KoopKicka

Gah, will be competing with Embley for a spot. :)

Ricochet

how are we going to fit all these mid pricers in!?

Zombie2.5

:-\

Sounds good at that price...
But we can't fit enough guys into six midfield spots!!

Adamant

Got him in Asians  ;)
Great option at that price...just doesnt fit in with my structure.

Justin Bieber

Toga

Great write up ele!

Had him in 2011 an I love his consistency..

Definitely in contention for M5 at that price ::)

Adamant

Anyone actually know why his scores dropped off so much?
I know he had an injury which interrupted his pre-season, but how did he get as low as 62 avg  :P

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on September 13, 2012, 01:35:32 AM
I know he had an injury which interrupted his pre-season, but how did he get as low as 62 avg  :P

I think he was subbed a little and began to tag late in the year. Wouldn't expect that to continue though ;)

Quote from: whatlez on September 12, 2012, 08:05:30 AM
Mr spudicus lol

Quality input!

Adamant

Quote from: elephants on September 13, 2012, 01:52:25 AM
Quote from: Adamant on September 13, 2012, 01:35:32 AM

I think he was subbed a little and began to tag late in the year. Wouldn't expect that to continue though ;)
ahhh cheers, Embley probably the safer option though.

Justin Bieber

Riska just ad terrible form. Couldn't find the footy, tried doing tagging roles.

Ended up getting injured ad went to the NEAFL :D

tbagrocks

if you have more than one (still to many) mid pricers in you midfield, start planning for 2014 ;D

with guys like Murph, Danger, Redden providing great value already and should go over 110, + all the rook superstars about to enter the scene, Tom Mitchell, O'meara and all the guns yet to be drafted, simply don't be a flower pot and put in injury prone under pricies in your midfield

Tyes

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 13, 2012, 02:01:42 PM
if you have more than one (still to many) mid pricers in you midfield, start planning for 2014 ;D

with guys like Murph, Danger, Redden providing great value already and should go over 110, + all the rook superstars about to enter the scene, Tom Mitchell, O'meara and all the guns yet to be drafted, simply don't be a flower pot and put in injury prone under pricies in your midfield

+1

Guns and rooks in my mids this year.

Ricochet

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 13, 2012, 02:01:42 PM

it really depends on the rest of your team mate. If you have the extra 100k to put one of Embley or Ball in then i would rather their 80-100 scores compared than a rookies inconsistent 50-90 over the first 6-8 weeks
lets look at Shiel who had a lot hype around him before the season... first 6 scores of 36, 58, 74, 67, 81, 80
Even Bugg was one of the better performing rookies... 97, 57, 93, 66, 96, 68, 58
Ball averaged 96 last year.
The problem with new young rookies is they are inconsistent and are more likely to start sub or be subbed.

Like i said tho, it really does depend on where you spend the money on the rest of your team.

Torpedo10