Brent Macaffer - Collingwood Magpies

Position: FWD

Price: $101,600 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 4

2012 Games: -

2011 Average: 53.2

2012 Average: -

2012 Tons: -

Summary: Completely forgot about this guy to be honest! For rookie price we get a forward who averaged a cool 76 back in 2010 but has since had some terrible injuries ruining his 2011 and 2012 campaigns. I think a major question is, does he still have a spot in the Maggies? I'm no expert (although I like to think I am) so I'm not 100% but he seems a prime sub candidate to me...

Verdict: Watchlist. Almost can't go wrong at rookie price but will watch his role through the nab.

Ele's prediction: A sub affected 55.

Ricochet

at that price he does look appealing, if his body holds out.
will keep an eye on him through nab cup

KoopKicka

Will certainly look at him over the Nab cup. :)

Zombie2.5

If he gets a round 1 game, a very good chance of making my team, but not sure on him, never really payed attention to this bloke. If I find some good rookies, will probably take them ahead of him.

masedog333

Lock if he starts. Averaged 75 in 2011 and was a nailed on starter. If he can reproduce those numbers will be an excellent cashcow

Adamant

Will keep an eye on NAB form, but he's in atm.

elephants

Yeah... I feel like vests will be a serious concern with Macaffer though :-\

Adamant

Quote from: elephants on September 13, 2012, 10:10:36 PM
Yeah, he's the perfect candidate.

Shihan7

Quote from: elephants on September 13, 2012, 10:10:36 PM
+1

Football Factory

He's in my team at the moment .. like everyone else shall keep an eye on him in the Nab

Rodney Eade said this about him in the Magpie report card

Brent Macaffer
I didn't know a lot about 'Caff before I got here, even though I knew he played in the premiership and he could take a mark. His pre-season was fantastic. I think he had a disappointing 2011 and to go down with that injury in February was devastating for him. His attitude is rated highly and it was a real good effort to get back. He gave himself a chance to play in the finals but he wasn't quite there, but I think playing those VFL games should give him the confidence to attack pre-season and I reckon he'll be a real plus for us next year.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149156/default.aspx

henry

Yeah I'd forgot about him too. Almost locked for me as is rookie priced but with better job security (excluding vests) than most other rooks. Hopefully he is past his injury worries that limited him to 4 games in the last 2 years.

Hagebear

Yeh his JS at the Pies is a bit if a concern. Would rather get on a good rookie.

Spite

Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 09:09:16 PM
Yeh his JS at the Pies is a bit if a concern. Would rather get on a good rookie.

No it's not. He is in our best 22. Just not sure if he is in our best 20. He'll play, the question is whether it will be with or without the vest.

Adamant

Quote from: Spite on October 06, 2012, 09:12:27 PM
Quote from: Hagebear on October 06, 2012, 09:09:16 PM

No it's not. He is in our best 22. Just not sure if he is in our best 20. He'll play, the question is whether it will be with or without the vest.
Hopefully the NAB cup will give us a better indication.

Ziplock

JS of nearly every rookie this year will be questionable- as a rookie not that much of a risk to punt on.