Previous topic - Next topic

nrich102

Quote from: Ziplock on January 12, 2013, 03:37:41 PM
haha, I'm joking- he's m4 for me :P

you'd be stupid to have him higher than m2 :P
I thought you'd be stupid to have him higher than m4

nostradamus

Andrew

He's declined into being irrelevant with the new trade rule for mine, will take a little bit of time to hit top form, so would be better to trade him after round 2 or 3.

Football Factory

Quote from: nostradamus on January 12, 2013, 04:03:55 PM
Ball & Embley are M5 & M6 for me
+ 1 .. will make you more cash on top of your rooks cash .. Embley upgraded round 12 and Ball upgraded round 13 works well for me the perfect stepping stone to a premo .. if they are some of my lower scoring players by then, im probably doing pretty well.

Adamant

Ball at M4 is very weak. I would have him M5 at best, but ideally at M6.

Football Factory

Quote from: Adamant on January 12, 2013, 06:48:29 PM
Its funny i think Ball at M6 is too strong .. i guess this depends if you have Embley M7  and then i dont know why you wouldnt just have Embley M6 rather than Ball if you didnt have Embley M7 if you know what i mean  ??? It reduces the amount of Mid Rooks you have and generally they are the ones making you the big bucks.

Adamant

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 12, 2013, 07:00:25 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 12, 2013, 06:48:29 PM
Its funny i think Ball at M6 is too strong .. i guess this depends if you have Embley M7  and then i dont know why you wouldnt just have Embley M6 rather than Ball if you didnt have Embley M7 if you know what i mean  ??? It reduces the amount of Mid Rooks you have and generally they are the ones making you the big bucks.

M6 is probably too strong, but a lot of people are going with 5 mid guns. I would have him at M5 personally, but M6 would be awesome.

nostradamus

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 12, 2013, 05:09:30 PM
+ 1 .. will make you more cash on top of your rooks cash .. Embley upgraded round 12 and Ball upgraded round 13 works well for me the perfect stepping stone to a premo .. if they are some of my lower scoring players by then, im probably doing pretty well.

and with the added cash that can be made from sideways trading a premo in for a price drop to one about to rise, then getting him back in at a discounted price in a few weeks......Ka Ching :)

essendon2

Starting with 5 Guns and 3 rooks... then after Round 2, I'll downgrade one of my super premo's (highest BE) to either Ball or Embley (whoever is doing better) - then if Knights is doing well, I'll downgrade Stevie Jay to him, pocket the cash and upgrade to someone else!

Football Factory

Quote from: nostradamus on January 12, 2013, 07:17:38 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on January 12, 2013, 05:09:30 PM

and with the added cash that can be made from sideways trading a premo in for a price drop to one about to rise, then getting him back in at a discounted price in a few weeks......Ka Ching :)
It will come down to crunching the numbers all week to determine which 2 trades are the best for your team .. money wise and scoring wise

tbagrocks

That's right FF which makes it a whole new game, far more compex now imo, a few options with him now, watch round one or two, even start him with no risk

Andrew

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 10:05:07 PM
That's right FF which makes it a whole new game, far more compex now imo, a few options with him now, watch round one or two, even start him with no risk

No risk outside of him scoring back-to-back 70s as he gets back with the pace of the game, when you could of taken a punt on an underpriced mid premium scoring 120+... Same with Embley, better waiting until round 3. New trading rule kills starting with a mid-priced midfielder I reckon.

essendon2

Quote from: Andrew on January 13, 2013, 02:28:14 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 12, 2013, 10:05:07 PM

No risk outside of him scoring back-to-back 70s as he gets back with the back of the game, when you could of taken a punt on an underpriced mid premium scoring 120+... Same with Embley, better waiting until round 3. New trading rule kills starting with a mid-priced midfielder I reckon.
+1
and if he turns out to be scoring 100, then downgrade a premium that has  high BE --> Ball and pocket the cash

Ziplock

Quote from: nrich102 on January 12, 2013, 03:47:02 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on January 12, 2013, 03:37:41 PM
haha, I'm joking- he's m4 for me :P

you'd be stupid to have him higher than m2 :P
I thought you'd be stupid to have him higher than m4

nah, it'd be reasonable to have a premium as m1, then have like ball, embley in the mids, and rookies and stack every other line.

owenbond007

Interesting view zip. I think the change of rules and structure might have a lot of coaches think they can chase the buck. But I think you line up as you would before the 44 trades if your chasing the car. Depending on your league and how good your mates are you god win it starting ball m2 but prob wouldn't rack up most overall points