2013 Player Profile: Hamish Hartlett

Started by KoopKicka, September 11, 2012, 08:33:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Heppell > Broughton > Hartlett > Duffield > Lake

me

not for me, even if he does miraculously get on and stay on the park, i foresee him getting tagged consistently

JBs-Hawks

Looking like finding a spot on my team.

tbagrocks

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 08, 2013, 10:02:12 PM
Could definitely be the Waters of 2013, tag won't stop him he's to good, only those cruel hamstrings can stop this kid, and with Jacobs and Pierce gone he could well play half back

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 08, 2013, 10:25:10 PM
Could definitely be the Waters of 2013, tag won't stop him he's to good, only those cruel hamstrings can stop this kid, and with Jacobs and Pierce gone he could well play half back

Id rather he played midfield.

tbagrocks

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 08, 2013, 10:26:25 PM

If he plays half back and also somehow miraculously stays fit, he'll ave 100 and keep dpp 8)

If he plays midfield he'll go 105 and have everyone talking about the next Cotchin 8)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 08, 2013, 10:48:26 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 08, 2013, 10:26:25 PM

If he plays half back and also somehow miraculously stays fit, he'll ave 100 and keep dpp 8)

If he plays midfield he'll go 105 and have everyone talking about the next Cotchin 8)

Hes not in any of my XV teams so i hope he doesnt keep his dpp :P

Grazz

Just to fragile for me to consider starting him. Possibly an upgrade target if he's around the top 6 Def's.

Windigo

Precisely Grazz.

Did his hammy get into his bath I think.  ::)

zeddyzed

Durability is so important, i cant believe people are considering him, hes a talented kid and no ones questioning his footy ability, but he wont last 16 games! DPP is handy, but i like my keepers to play more than 2/3rds of a season :P

Also his DT scores last year weren't that great, and with Pearce leaving he'll be copping more attention week to week. Where as Heppell is priced similarly, is durable, and will be copping LESS attention now Goddard is at Essendon. Heppell FTW ;D

Grazz

Quote from: Windigo on January 08, 2013, 11:12:25 PM
Precisely Grazz.

Did his hammy get into his bath I think.  ::)

I heard something about that windi, only takes showers now.  ::)
I couldnt sleep at night if i put him in, id have nightmares hearing twang twang all night.
I hope like Chappy that he gets them right at some stage as he's a real talent, shame to see
him breaking down as he has been.

tbagrocks

Not only that Grazz but it's really hurt Port Adelaide, with him and Gray missing so much footy it really has affected them on field

Grazz

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 08, 2013, 11:57:10 PM
Not only that Grazz but it's really hurt Port Adelaide, with him and Gray missing so much footy it really has affected them on field

Yeh he has, any club would miss a player of his calibre and Gray for that matter. Both would be pretty frustrated i know i would be.
As i said purely from a football lovers perspective it would be good to see him overcome the hammy issues and Gray, well i feel for this guy to, has had some horrible setbacks, wish him all the luck in the world for a change of fortune.

azza707

Quote from: Grazz on January 08, 2013, 11:07:46 PM
Just to fragile for me to consider starting him. Possibly an upgrade target if he's around the top 6 Def's.

Disagree with this. IMO i think you have to take Hartlett form the start and hope for the best. Think when he does play he should average 90+ at least. however what if he only lasts 13 rounds for example. What happens if you wait til about round 8 to see how he goes and then trade him him, meaning that you might only have him in your team for another 4-5 rounds before he gets injured? Not to say that he wont get injured round 2 or something :P but it was just an example. the max games hes played are like 15 and 16 so if you wait til halfway through the season to bring him in, you could almost look at it as using 2 trades to bring in the one player.

I think with 30 trades, you can afford to risk starting with him and hope to god he can see out the seaosn. But if he does go down you can straight swap him for a premium.

But yehh if Hartlett is on a role after 10 or so rounds, i wouldnt be too confident in upgrading to him. hes pretty much a ticking time bomb and after 10 solid rounds, you know whats most likely going to happen in the next few haha

essendon2

Quote from: azza707 on January 09, 2013, 01:13:25 PM
Quote from: Grazz on January 08, 2013, 11:07:46 PM

Disagree with this. IMO i think you have to take Hartlett form the start and hope for the best. Think when he does play he should average 90+ at least. however what if he only lasts 13 rounds for example. What happens if you wait til about round 8 to see how he goes and then trade him him, meaning that you might only have him in your team for another 4-5 rounds before he gets injured? Not to say that he wont get injured round 2 or something :P but it was just an example. the max games hes played are like 15 and 16 so if you wait til halfway through the season to bring him in, you could almost look at it as using 2 trades to bring in the one player.

I think with 30 trades, you can afford to risk starting with him and hope to god he can see out the seaosn. But if he does go down you can straight swap him for a premium.

But yehh if Hartlett is on a role after 10 or so rounds, i wouldnt be too confident in upgrading to him. hes pretty much a ticking time bomb and after 10 solid rounds, you know whats most likely going to happen in the next few haha
+1
really good point