Hamish McIntosh - North Melbourne

Position: RUCK

Price: $386,300 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 1

2012 Games: 7

2011 Average: 79

2012 Average: 90.8

2012 Tons: 3 + a 96!

Summary: Has proven in recent year two things - He is a premium ruckmen but his body is as fragile as anything! In 2007, 2009 and 2010 he showed what he can do with averages of 80, 90.1 and 80.5 from 22, 22 and 20 games respectively. He has however shown is vulnerabilty to injury with 8 games missed in 08, 21 in '11 and 15 in 2012. He looked great until going down early this year with an average of 90.1 (95 if you remove his injury game)...

Verdict: Although I think he'll have another good year (he's due for it) I reckon his price just isn't justifiable.

Ele's prediction: A good year - 88 average.

Ricochet

elephants

EDIT - Forget to put the number of tons in :P

Yeah looks the goods, eh Rico ;)

Heppell21

Zombie2.5

Great Dter, but quite expensive at that price, always at risk of injury, and Goldstein will limit his scoring. Not sure what role he'll play with Goldy playing too, and if only one of them plays, they could both easily be in and out of the side.

Spinking

Will he still be at the Roos next year? Was mutterings about a trade earlier in the year.

Adamant

Got H-Mac in for Mummy this year....he served me well, but far too injury prone.

elephants

Quote from: Spinking on September 11, 2012, 08:05:04 PM
Will he still be at the Roos next year? Was mutterings about a trade earlier in the year.

I hear Port is the big one interested, would be great there imo (and great for my euros side :P)

tbagrocks

how many games will he tease us with next year before going down again ::)

Adamant

Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2012, 11:41:29 PM
Why did you pick him in Asians then  ::)

KoopKicka

Quote from: Adamant on September 12, 2012, 02:30:58 AM
Quote from: tbagrocks on September 11, 2012, 11:41:29 PM
Why did you pick him in Asians then  ::)
haha +1

zeddyzed

If he changes clubs then definitely has to be looked at. But i cant see it happening. Goldstein needs support and the Roos will be hoping for a fit and firing Hmac next season.

Shihan7

LumberJack

would be a good unique if he moved to port. But than Goldy would probably be a better pickup.