masedog333

SHANE MUMFORD (SYDNEY SWANS)

Position: Ruck

Price: $390,000

2011 Games: 17

2011 Average: 91.5

2012 games: 14

2012 Average: 82.5

Summary: He was becoming a star ruckman of DT until he hurt his back at the start of the 2012 season and had an injury interrupted season. Before the injury hit in round 3 he had scores of 91 and 87 first up, but when he came back, luckily for some DT coaches this season, he was eased back into it playing in the forward line with Pyke being the main ruckman and spending lots of time on the bench. In his last 5 games after a rest in Round 18 he finished the season with scores of 90, 92, 101, 99 and 105. He is priced at an average of 82 because of a couple of 40's and 50's coming back from injury. Having Pyke in the side didn't seem to worry him when he was fit, so that's not a trouble.

Verdict: I'm locking him in, but I'm a huge Mumford fan and backing him to have a good year. A risky pick, but i'm willing to take that risk. Good pick IMO.

Predicted Average: 95

KoopKicka

Ricochet

Quote from: KoopKicka on September 11, 2012, 06:37:52 PM
Between him and NicNat for my R1 :)
yep same, but i think i'm leaning towards NicNat

Windigo

Proabably not for me next year.

A lot of good rucks going around in 2013.

Spinking

Hasn't completely sold me yet. Seems to get injured every time he hits top form. Price is appealing though.

Heppell21

Not a bad price, but gets quite injury prone :/

Shihan7

Quote from: Spinking on September 11, 2012, 06:49:31 PM
Hasn't completely sold me yet. Seems to get injured every time he hits top form. Price is appealing though.
+1

Adamant

Got Jacobs and McEvoy ahead of him based on durability and consistency.
Good price though.

Scrads

Had him for the second half of 2012 and he was valuable when he was fit. Likely to fit him into my 2013 team.

Capper

had him in all year this year and he was frustrating sharing with Pyke.

With Berger coming back and Goldy on his own they are my locks with maybe mummy, Cox and sauce upgrade targets

Shihan7

Got McEvoy and Berger atm. Mummy is good value, but that back is a worry...

Holz

If he is looking fit he will be hard to pass up, for me its 2 out of Goldy Burger and Mummy.

Adamant

Quote from: Holzman on October 16, 2012, 10:20:14 PM
If he is looking fit he will be hard to pass up, for me its 2 out of Goldy Burger and Mummy.

Well, Berger is surely a lock at that price so would go him.

Then its Mummy v Goldy...
Mummy career best average = 91.4
Goldy career best average = 99.3
Goldy priced at 79...Mummy at 82.
Goldy way more durable and with HMac at the Cats...

I have locked Goldy & Berger in :)

Capper

grimreaper

Whats the go with Mummy? Better pick then goldy?