Position: BACK

Price: $242,200 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 16

2012 Games: 7

2011 Average: 71.2

2012 Average: 57

2012 Tons: None but a 99 and a 91

Summary:
The #9 pick overall in the 2004 national draft has never quite lived up to his hype. Partly due to the fact Heath Scotland and Andrew Carrazzo have played the half-back role to perfection for the blues for the past decade but injuries have also hampered his progress. Averaged a neat 80.3 from 22 games in 2010 he has real potential and would be steal at that price if something similar could be replicated.

Verdict: On the watchlist. Will likely be battling with another couple of lads for my mid-price back spot.

Ele's prediction: Really could be a BOOM or BUST player I feel. Depends on where he goes.. Not brave enough to predict without knowing. Will update with a prediction when his spot on someones list is finalized.

KoopKicka

With you on this one ELe, will depend on where he goes. :)

Adamant

Not sure tbh, not in my team atm...but may sneak a spot later on.

fortynine

Only worth anything if he goes to GWS/GCS

He's a far too inconsistent player and as a Carlton supporter his disposal and workrate is very very average.

I think he will be let go by Carlton at the end the season.

Stay away.

elephants

I hear the Tigers are keen. Could get a gig on their half-back line imo.

Ricochet

really depends on which team he goes to and what his form in NAB cup is like

LaHug

Any update on where he'll end up? I'm interested for my Euro team and just in general. Surely could be a solid pickup if he goes to someone like Richmond.

Adamant

Quote from: LaHug on September 25, 2012, 11:59:57 PM
Any update on where he'll end up? I'm interested for my Euro team and just in general. Surely could be a solid pickup if he goes to someone like Richmond.
He averaged 74, 80 & 71 from 2009-2011...could be a decent pick if he ends up at the Tiges.

Windigo

Has the talent, but could be the Hargrave of last year.  :-\

Shihan7

aces-high

Should get a shot at GWS imo. Will be on the watchlist for sure

Football Factory

JORDAN RUSSELL (Collingwood)

Jordan Russell played just seven games in 2012 despite Carlton's well-documented injury woes. He tested free agency with the club's blessing before being traded to Collingwood. He'll turn 26 before next season and still has plenty of good footy in him after overcoming the groin and hip injuries that dogged him in 2011. At his best he can be damaging coming off half-back with long and accurate kicking a feature of his game. Russell played 116 games for Carlton after he was taken ninth overall at the 2004 NAB AFL Draft.

Footy_Boiz

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 25, 2012, 07:23:13 PM

Jordan Russell played just seven games in 2012 despite Carlton's well-documented injury woes. He tested free agency with the club's blessing before being traded to Collingwood. He'll turn 26 before next season and still has plenty of good footy in him after overcoming the groin and hip injuries that dogged him in 2011. At his best he can be damaging coming off half-back with long and accurate kicking a feature of his game. Russell played 116 games for Carlton after he was taken ninth overall at the 2004 NAB AFL Draft.
Will he get much of a gig or mainly for depth?

Football Factory

Quote from: Footy_Boiz on October 25, 2012, 07:38:10 PM
Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 25, 2012, 07:23:13 PM

Will he get much of a gig or mainly for depth?
Not sure .. dont think he will be worth putting in tho

Adamant

You can make a predicted average now that he is at the Pies Ele!