Main Menu

Does'nt this put things in perspective

Started by Dudge, September 10, 2012, 07:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudge

Firstly how precious life is. We all like to see the other team lose, and get stuck into our mates. We want to win our money league, we want to win a high ranked league in dreamteam. But when tragedy strikes like it did in Los Vegas today, it really makes everything footy related insignificant. I was in total shock when the news broke, I could not beleive it. I have a 20 year old son and a 16 year old daughter. I can not imagine what his family and friends are going throuh right now. My son is on his mad-monday today, and after todays events, I'm a wreck with worry. I know with time I will get back into the emotional side of these finals (even though my teams out), but at the moment I'm just numb,and as I said in a earlier post-- life is just so fickle. I just don't understand how someone, so young, with a full life ahead of him, can lose his life so tragically. I would hate this to happen to any other player from any other club. We've all got to remember, footy's a game, but this is just so sad.

ossie85

22 :/ I had barely started living by then

Words escape me

McRooster

Our placement of perspective was what brought about the elxam league.

Mourn not for his loss, but smile at the joy he brought.

The sun will rise tomorrow.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Dudge on September 10, 2012, 07:11:45 PM
Firstly how precious life is. We all like to see the other team lose, and get stuck into our mates. We want to win our money league, we want to win a high ranked league in dreamteam. But when tragedy strikes like it did in Los Vegas today, it really makes everything footy related insignificant. I was in total shock when the news broke, I could not beleive it. I have a 20 year old son and a 16 year old daughter. I can not imagine what his family and friends are going throuh right now. My son is on his mad-monday today, and after todays events, I'm a wreck with worry. I know with time I will get back into the emotional side of these finals (even though my teams out), but at the moment I'm just numb,and as I said in a earlier post-- life is just so fickle. I just don't understand how someone, so young, with a full life ahead of him, can lose his life so tragically. I would hate this to happen to any other player from any other club. We've all got to remember, footy's a game, but this is just so sad.
Exactly. Footy's a game, and we see what people are really like when an absolute tragedy like this strikes. The footy community has gone into shock, and it really shows how insignificant a jumper is when you look at it in perspective.

LF

Quote from: ossie85 on September 10, 2012, 07:53:52 PM

22 :/ I had barely started living by then

Words escape me

So true at 22 I was pregnant with my oldest just starting my family.

Dudge

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on September 10, 2012, 08:35:33 PM
Exactly. Footy's a game, and we see what people are really like when an absolute tragedy like this strikes. The footy community has gone into shock, and it really shows how insignificant a jumper is when you look at it in perspective.

bomberboy ur so right. I've read other sites on the net, and yes the whole footy community has got behind John and his family. The support from other supporters has been fantastic. It has opened my eyes to afl, as in we all give each other showere week in week out yet when tragedy strikes we are all the same peoplle

Ziplock

I feel sorry for the bloke. Had a lot of ability, and he did my dreamteam proud.

elephants

Quote from: Dudge on September 10, 2012, 10:16:24 PM

bomberboy ur so right. I've read other sites on the net, and yes the whole footy community has got behind John and his family. The support from other supporters has been fantastic. It has opened my eyes to afl, as in we all give each other showere week in week out yet when tragedy strikes we are all the same peoplle

Yeah everyone from Andrew Embley to John Longmire offered their condolences to the family :-\

Scrads

There is a page on FB called 'Watching Port Lose' and basically every week the admin goes to town on Port and how bad they are and stuff, then today he posted a RIP status and he posted later that it was the status with the most likes the page had ever got. Just goes to show that people do put everything else aside at the end of the day.

Wes Mantooth

Quote from: McRooster on September 10, 2012, 08:32:36 PM
Our placement of perspective was what brought about the elxam league.

Mourn not for his loss, but smile at the joy he brought.

The sun will rise tomorrow.

+1 Roost, +1

Grazz

Just a very sad situation. Tell the people you love that you love them, tell them often as you just never know whats around the corner. Its touching to see the outporing of sympathy and emotion of the wider footy community and clubs. The fact we can all come together to mourn the loss of a young man is a wonderful thing.

c4v3m4n

Quite a few of us have changed our avatars in respect until his funeral.

Just a small way we can remember him. :)

Zombie2.5

I'm a crows supporter but losing an AFL player at the age of 22.... doesn't matter what club, a tragedy still, it shocked me too :'(

sign this to help get a tribute match for him!

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,67937.0.html

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/nab-cup-tribute-match-to-remember-the-late-jmac/

Tominator

Quote from: Dudge on September 10, 2012, 10:16:24 PM

well said both of you... RIP John McCarthy.