2013 Player Profiles: Lance Franklin

Started by nrich102, September 10, 2012, 06:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

Unless Hawks have easy fixtures early, I won't be starting with him. Easy to upgrade to when his price is up and down like his scoring. But he's always good for missing 1 week due to suspension and 2 weeks due to "injury." If you're going for overall rank, there has to be better options out there who can be relied upon for the long haul.

Justin Bieber

I don't think so. Doesn't always play and take out that 200 score, where he kicked 13 goals... He only averages like 95. And is only getting older :/

Scrads

Quote from: whatlez on September 12, 2012, 05:10:43 PM
I don't think so. Doesn't always play and take out that 200 score, where he kicked 13 goals... He only averages like 95. And is only getting older :/

Lol, really Lez ? Cotchin, Swallow and O'meara are getting older so let's not pick them ? :P

Holz

Quote from: whatlez on September 12, 2012, 05:10:43 PM

exactly lez only getting older, give him a year or two and he will hit is peak. Expecting his average to increase this year and next.

Buddy is one of those guys you need, he will pump out a huge score or maybee a few big ones and if you dont have him when he does you will be kicking yourselves. You pick him and that spot is done for the year.

Justin Bieber

Lol. But take out that score that won't happen again for 2 more years ad he averages a poor 95 and missed 6 games. Poor effort this year.

Ricochet

i actually think we'll see buddy kick 10+ goals in a game a few more times before he retires

Matty411

Unless his early draw is awesome as mentioned above, I'll be upgrading to him and leaving him out to start. I'd rather go with guys like Robbo and Stevie J who seem to be more durable, consistent and are (what I believe) underpriced.

Buddy will still end the season in the top 3-5 averaging forwards but overall I think there's better value out there. Also would be a good POD if you didn't have him to start (especially if he doesn't fire off the bat).

Torpedo10

He is a lock, He should score well this year.

Adamant

Yeah, locked in for me.
Wouldnt want to start without him, and then he knocks up a big 140+

henry

Locked, one the first picked every year.

Shihan7

Capper

He gets his license back soon so he may miss some more game time. I think i will look to Buddy as an upgrade target rather than a starter

Adamant

Actually slightly tempted to start Stevie J if the Hawks have a tough early draw :-\

stew42

nrich's summary kinda goes against his verdict. When people say "Yes, he may not play as many games, but when he scores a 180, you'll be sorry", I just laugh. In 2012, he got the 200, but other than that...

If you take out his 200, he averaged... 94 in 2012. That's less than Pav. His next highest score was 130 in Rnd 1.
In 2011, his highest score was 144. No 180's in there...
In 2012 he had 6 scores below 80, and one 81

So what I'm saying is, if you do pick Buddy, don't expect any 150+, or even 130+, scores in 2013. He is not God. Personally I'd rather someone who played more games, and who was a bit more consistent.

Toga

Quote from: stew42 on November 01, 2012, 02:52:36 AM
When people say "Yes, he may not play as many games, but when he scores a 180, you'll be sorry", I just laugh. In 2012, he got the 200, but other than that...

If you take out his 200, he averaged... 94 in 2012. That's less than Pav. His next highest score was 130 in Rnd 1.
In 2011, his highest score was 144.
If you take out his 200, he had 6 scores below 80, and one 81 (in 2012)

So what I'm saying is, if you do pick Buddy, don't expect any 150+, or even 130+, scores in 2013. He isn't God.

good stats mate :)

I'm tempted to start jordan lewis or stevie-J over him tbh