2013 Player Profiles: Clinton Young

Started by Cicjose, September 10, 2012, 05:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

2011 average: 66
2012 average: 81

coming off his best season since the 2008 premiership year, Clinton is an integral part of Hawthorn's uncontested marking style of play.

He was ranked in the top 10 for uncontested possessions, kicks, frees for, tackles, rebounding and running bounces despite missing 4 games through injury

his biggest issue to date is his durability having never played a full season, if Hawthorn can keep him on the park and he plays every game expect him to improve on his seemingly modest Dream Team output.

IMO still the best kick in the competition, his greatest hurdle in producing better numbers in DT is getting over his injury concerns

my expected average = 90

Adamant

Good write-up. He's had a very consistent year...but cant have a guy averaging 80-90 in the mids....unless they are seriously underpriced (Embley, Ball, etc)

Cicjose

i think he can get 100's but he would have to turn into a half back flanker or get some more contested footy for that to happen

Scrads

Quote from: Cicjose on September 10, 2012, 06:32:20 PM
i think he can get 100's but he would have to turn into a half back flanker or get some more contested footy for that to happen

The contested side to his games has really improved during 2011 and 2012.

Windigo

Not completely out of dt considerations...

Hagebear

Ricochet

yeh at 27 next year cant see too much improvement in him... its a no for me

Torpedo10

henry

He no longer really rebounds off a half back flank and instead plays pretty permanently on a wing, so no chance of getting dpp. As a hawks fan I love him as a player, will not feature in my team though.

elephants

Could be interesting as a backmen but no thanks as a midfielder...

Shihan7

Capper

Quote from: Cicjose on September 10, 2012, 05:50:05 PM
2011 average: 66
2012 average: 81

coming off his best season since the 2008 premiership year, Clinton is an integral part of Hawthorn's uncontested marking style of play.

He was ranked in the top 10 for uncontested possessions, kicks, frees for, tackles, rebounding and running bounces despite missing 4 games through injury

his biggest issue to date is his durability having never played a full season, if Hawthorn can keep him on the park and he plays every game expect him to improve on his seemingly modest Dream Team output.

IMO still the best kick in the competition, his greatest hurdle in producing better numbers in DT is getting over his injury concerns

my expected average = 90
Hawks currently locked in a battle with the Pies, Port, Lions and Bombers to keep him on their list. I dont think he is DT relavent though

Shihan7