2013 Player Profile: Joel Selwood

Started by elephants, September 10, 2012, 12:10:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Quote from: tabs on October 15, 2012, 10:27:45 PM
With all the cheap mids i will be only looking at locking in only 2 or 3 prems next year so Jelwood is behind Swan, GAJ, Thomo, JPK
Thomo as in Scott Thompson? :o

quinny88

LF

Quote from: quinny88 on October 15, 2012, 10:31:53 PM
Supercoach player

I agree quinny Selwood scores much better in SC than DT.

The_Captain

had him all this year... Bit of a let down for price...

Shihan7

Not for me, there are better options...

henry

He just is lacking that extra 5ppg you want from a premium mid. He has good consistency but not many huge scores. Not for me.

Adamant

With 44 trades, I am actually considering Jelwood from the start. He is a proven Premo, and has had some bad luck (injuries, tribunal) the last few years. He starts with a bang normally, has for the last 2 years anyway. Round 12 bye helps too. He is a pretty calculated punt... Jones (Stk) and Raines (Bris) have a great record on him, if you take those and the game against GWS (subbed) out of last year, he averages 109 and has only 3 scores under 100 (88, 95,97).

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Adamant on January 15, 2013, 03:16:58 AM
With 44 trades, I am actually considering Jelwood from the start. He is a proven Premo, and has had some bad luck (injuries, tribunal) the last few years. He starts with a bang normally, has for the last 2 years anyway. Round 12 bye helps too. He is a pretty calculated punt... Jones (Stk) and Raines (Bris) have a great record on him, if you take those and the game against GWS (subbed) out of last year, he averages 109 and has only 3 scores under 100 (88, 95,97).
Tied ardent draw and arrest draw for first 9 rounds. Wouldn't pick him over about 10+ better mid choices.

Adamant

Quote from: whatlez on January 15, 2013, 03:19:07 AM
Quote from: Adamant on January 15, 2013, 03:16:58 AM
Tied ardent draw and arrest draw for first 9 rounds. Wouldn't pick him over about 10+ better mid choices.

Ahh, what? Haha.

Just to clarify, I am only considering Jelwood since we now have 44 (unlimited) trades. He usually starts with a bang, and I can just sideways him to guys like Cotchin, Watson, etc later on.

Holz

gellong have traded well they should do better this year nad we shouldnt down play the effect of hmac. If he can remain fit he is one of the best rucks in the comp and him winning the tap out shoudl help selwood. Im tipping 110 and i will look to upgrade to him.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Holzman on January 15, 2013, 11:40:07 AM
gellong have traded well they should do better this year nad we shouldnt down play the effect of hmac. If he can remain fit he is one of the best rucks in the comp and him winning the tap out shoudl help selwood. Im tipping 110 and i will look to upgrade to him.
Wanting to agree, although he didn't exactelly burn me last year I expected more from what I paid

What really worries me is his head hitting episodes, last thing we need is a concussion in round three before half time

Will be one for serious consideration come round one

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Holzman on January 15, 2013, 11:40:07 AM
You overrate Hmac sooo much. Geelong will not make the eight or top 10. And Hmac isn't known to make North players fantasy relevant...

Barra17

Geelong will definitely be in the 8 this year.

SydneyRox

I am not even sure Selwood will make top10 for DT this year?

What you do get from Selwood is consistency, and not many bad games, but dont see him pushing up to 110+ avg

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Barra on January 15, 2013, 05:44:39 PM
Geelong will definitely be in the 8 this year.
Geelong won't beat Carlton, Essendon, Richmond, Freo and the top 5 from last year.