Adam Goodes - Sydney Swans

Position: FWD/MID

Price: $389,100 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 22

2012 Games: 16

2011 Average: 99.2

2012 Average: 82.4

2012 Tons: 4

Summary: Has played an incredible 277 games out of 289 in his home and away season career! As if that isn't incredible enough, he's averaged over 80 since 2005! Is severely under-priced since he had a slow start returning from a thigh injury so despite his late-season scoring capabilities I'm considering from the start!

Verdict: Considering. There are masses of fwd line options next year but at that price Adam seems to Goodes to ignore!

Ele's prediction: Swans looking very good this year and will continue that next year. Back up to 94 average.

Adamant

Loving the amount FWD options!
Probably wont be starting with Goodsey, will look at him as an upgrade target.

JBs-Hawks

Kellogscrunchynut

Worth considering even at the ripe old age of 33 you can't easily refuse a dual Brownlow Medalist.

KoopKicka

elephants

Quote from: KoopKicka on September 10, 2012, 12:09:29 AM
He will lose his MPP wont he?

Wouldn't have thought so? Monty doesn't think so...

No-one noticed my appalling pun :( :P

JBs-Hawks

Its been used that many times we just ignored it :P

elephants

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on September 10, 2012, 12:16:01 AM
Its been used that many times we just ignored it :P

Haha I just assumed people would read over it and go... meh ;D

Zombie2.5

Goodesy has been playing forward though, pretty sure he should retain the DPP.
His age is starting to worry me, but his price sounds tempting, and he could be one of those guys who are still good when well past the average age for retiring or slowing down. Will be hard to resist as stated (Dual brownlow, premiership player, just a champion)

Capper

he will still have his DPP but i don't know if i can start him next year, maybe an upgrade target

Ricochet

a below par year and injuries plus his usual slow starts and strong second halves of the year = possible upgrade target

Ziplock

he started on fire with 100+, but the injury really hampered him. Seems on good form and is nearly 20 ppg underpriced. I don't think he fits my structure atm, but seriously looking and wheedling him in.

Windigo

Dunno whether I'll start with him next year.

Would rather ROK...

Capper

Quote from: elephants on September 10, 2012, 12:13:07 AM

Wouldn't have thought so? Monty doesn't think so...

No-one noticed my appalling pun :( :P
we just ignored it, get it all the time in the Sydney news papers

The injury this year will make him more hungry next year and may also prolong his career as he hasnt played as many games this  year.

He will keep his DPP next year but after that i dont think so. Will spend more and more time in the Fwds with the likes of Parker, Gordon and Mitchell coming through the mids

Shihan7