2013 Player Profile: Brent Stanton

Started by elephants, September 09, 2012, 11:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

I think what people are also missing is with Watson and Goddard in the middle aswell, will there really be enough points for Stanton to get super-premo scores ? Collingwood are probably the only team that consistently get 5 or 6 BIG contributors per game.

Justin Bieber

Give him a 200k discount and I might consider.

nrich102

Ajax22

Quote from: whatlez on October 02, 2012, 02:44:43 PM
Give him a 200k discount and I might consider.

Make it 400k and I would consider

DT Gun

dont forget bombers will get an easier draw now that they finished low on the ladder.

They would have pushed for the premiership if they were all fit!

Stanton and Watson could easily both go bonkers next year with an easier draw, and goddard is the best thing that could have happened to stanton.. You leave goddard and he will cut you to pieces.. You leave stanton and he will get a lot of touches in the back 50 and on the wing, and stantons disposal can let him down so he isnt as damaging

quinny88

Quote from: DT Gun on October 02, 2012, 06:33:24 PM
dont forget bombers will get an easier draw now that they finished low on the ladder.

They would have pushed for the premiership if they were all fit!

Stanton and Watson could easily both go bonkers next year with an easier draw, and goddard is the best thing that could have happened to stanton.. You leave goddard and he will cut you to pieces.. You leave stanton and he will get a lot of touches in the back 50 and on the wing, and stantons disposal can let him down so he isnt as damaging

They finished 3 spots lower than last year, there draw aint gonna be that much easier if at all.

And are you serious... they would have pushed for a premiership if they were all fit? haha.. Thats optomistic. Would have played finals, yes but a premiership is a whole different story.

Pick Stanton at your own peril, ill be steering well clear

Scrads

Yeah I am steering clear for sure, if he starts dominating I will still be too nervous to get him in I think :/

The_Captain

Dream team gun, you are the dumbest person on this forum by a long way. Essendon a chance at the flag if all fit.... HAHAHAHHAAHAH you idiot! You could say the same about any team. All teams have injuries fool. Bombers got off lightly, there players only seem to miss 2-3 at a time... Stanton is a spud and always will be

/////////////////////////

Stanton will have to compete with Goddard to get the cheap kicks now. Toby Greene is a better choice.

Ziplock

Quote from: Ziplock on September 10, 2012, 12:53:18 PM
Quote from: me on September 10, 2012, 12:19:54 PM
may actually consider starting him - always seems to start like a house on fire, then maybe just ship him out if he dies in the ass halfway through

except for this year, not really after a quick glance at '11 and '10.

talentless hack. Won't be taking (30+?) uncontested marks every game.

pass.

ok, to be fair, that was harsh- but fact is if he gets any attention, he crumbles.

still a pass. :P

goddards move is the only thing that would make me consider him, since you'd think he'd get attention before stanton. That being said /// raises a decent point, stanton sluts up with uncontested ball, another ball winner could throw it either way, not worth the risk.

noto- essendon copped something ridiculous like nearly 40 soft tissue injuries... GC + GWS were probably to only clubs to have a harder time of it (not that any cares :P ).

Capper

was surprised by his great start last year but not his finish.

Didnt think he would score so well for so long.

Adamant

Quote from: tabs on October 07, 2012, 03:49:10 AM
was surprised by his great start last year but not his finish.

Didnt think he would score so well for so long.

lol

The_Captain

as i said before ziplock... those injuries were only small 2-3 week injuries.. Other teams had it way worse losing a number of players for the whole of the season....

Shihan7

Dont like his inconsistency, but with Goddard at the Dons...very tempting...

Driride

Quote from: Shihan7 on October 17, 2012, 12:05:58 AM
Dont like his inconsistency, but with Goddard at the Dons...very tempting...
I agree, may put him in instead of Ablett and when if he fads away will bring the great man in then