2013 Player Profile: Brent Stanton

Started by elephants, September 09, 2012, 11:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Footy_Boiz

Now for most players like stanton whose on the border of selection I would say wait and see how he goes and bring him in if he's smashing it. Not the case here however, will not be in my team, better options around with the emergence of Cochin, beams etc

Spinking

Depending on who the bombers draft / trade in, I can see Stants having a similar start to the season as this year. However it is a lot of risk, and at that price is not really worth it.

henry

No thanks, glad I didn't get sucked in last year and won't be getting him this year even if he averages 300 for the first 10 weeks lol.

Windigo

People will get sucked in, just wait.  :P

Footy_Boiz

Ricochet

LaHug

Do we think he's more of a prospect now that Goddard is at the Bombers? I feel this might leave Stanton without a tag and make him dominant again...

Ricochet

Quote from: LaHug on October 01, 2012, 11:38:25 PM
Do we think he's more of a prospect now that Goddard is at the Bombers? I feel this might leave Stanton without a tag and make him dominant again...
definitely, i have stanton in my starting mids now

LaHug

Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2012, 01:02:16 AM
So hard to squeeze them all in! I'm almost considering starting without Swan so that I have someone reliable to trade to if I start with Stanton...
Swan, Ablett, Stanton, Ball, Embley, Rooks looks tempting
Ablett, Stanton, Murphy, Ball, Embley, Rooks
Swan, Ablett, Stanton, Murphy, Ball/Embley, Rooks
Ablett, Cotchin, Stanton, Murphy, Ball/Embley, Rooks

So many options!

Or, the expensive one...
Swan, Ablett, Cotchin, Stanton, Ball/Embley, Rooks...

Ricochet

Quote from: LaHug on October 02, 2012, 01:17:02 AM
So hard to squeeze them all in! I'm almost considering starting without Swan so that I have someone reliable to trade to if I start with Stanton...

So many options!

Or, the expensive one...
Stanton ahead of Cotchin for me. The chance of massive early scores is a risk i will take

Adamant

Quote from: Ricochet on October 02, 2012, 01:18:34 AM
Quote from: LaHug on October 02, 2012, 01:17:02 AM

So many options!

Or, the expensive one...
Stanton ahead of Cotchin for me. The chance of massive early scores is a risk i will take
I've got: Swan, Ablett, Pendles, Murph, rook, rook (rook, rook) at the moment...
Might go Swanny to Stants  :o

nrich102

Even with Goddard going to the dons he won't be in my team

quinny88

You would have to be crazy to get Stanton surely?

Even with Goddard there, everyone seems to think Goddard is going to become a pure mid all of a sudden. Goddard will still only be one to rotate through the mid as he has done his entire career.

Clubs may choose to tag Watson or Goddard ahead of Stanton early and then once again, as happens every year, he will look dangerous, they will start to tag him and he will turn to crap and leave DT'ers and Sc'ers burned

nrich102

Quote from: quinny88 on October 02, 2012, 02:22:48 PM
You would have to be crazy to get Stanton surely?

Even with Goddard there, everyone seems to think Goddard is going to become a pure mid all of a sudden. Goddard will still only be one to rotate through the mid as he has done his entire career.

Clubs may choose to tag Watson or Goddard ahead of Stanton early and then once again, as happens every year, he will look dangerous, they will start to tag him and he will turn to crap and leave DT'ers and Sc'ers burned

+1

Boomz

Stants does struggle with attention but people forget that he was tagged early in the year when he was dominating too. What hurt him more is he was the only outside mid to tag once our injuries hit & Jobe is untaggable so if Zaha stays fit & Goddard plays in the middle then he'll be better. Having said that I'd still say there is better & more consistent options :-X