Brent Stanton - Essendon Bombers

Position: MID

Price: $503,400 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 20

2012 Games: 20

2011 Average: 105.8

2012 Average: 106.5

2012 Tons: 8

Summary: Has been a solid contributor, gradually increasing his average since 2005 from 84 to 106. He threatened to smash the comp open early with an average of 134 over the first 8 matches. Also held the world record DT score in one match for a total of 2 weeks! Needs to learn to break a tag and win his own ball for me to consider him ever again. Really did light he world on fire early though and that must be commended.

Verdict: Not after last year, there is only so much emotional torment one can take.

Ele's prediction: The Bombers will improve and so will their young midfielders and thus, Stants. Average of 111.

Adamant

No room for Stants atm....may look at him as an upgrade target if he is really smashing it....though, I wont pay 600k like many did this year  ;)

KoopKicka

Kellogscrunchynut

Huge difference between his best and worst a no.

Ricochet

The last two years he has smashed it in the first half of the season then faded hard as Essendon dropped away with injuries, etc. His performances are nearly directly related to the teams form. The Bombers will build on the last two years and should be strong next year. Im predicting a more consistent year for Stants... crazy i know

tbagrocks

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 11:04:21 PM
No room for Stants atm....may look at him as an upgrade target if he is really smashing it....though, I wont pay 600k like many did this year  ;)

*looks in the other direction*

LF

Permanently on my blacklist since 2010
Hasn't changed a bit biggest tease in the comp.Lures you in with promises of huge scores only to revert back to his true form of spuddiness.

KoopKicka

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 11:10:04 PM
Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 11:04:21 PM

*looks in the other direction*

+1 :-[

Zombie2.5

Ewwww!!

Always knew he was a spud, so kept still and tried to stay alive without getting Stants this year. Never jumped on him, and he didn't get me!! Feel sorry for those who thought he was a must-have and grabbed him at $600k....

Anyone who had him from Round 1 and traded him out when he peaked at $600k would've had a pretty damned good chance at the car...

Will never get this bloke...

elephants

Hmmm... Where's Jukesy? Usually about this point he makes a comment :P

Holz

pick him keep him in your team till round 6 than downgrade him to Swan to freeup some cash.

me

may actually consider starting him - always seems to start like a house on fire, then maybe just ship him out if he dies in the ass halfway through

Ziplock

Quote from: me on September 10, 2012, 12:19:54 PM
may actually consider starting him - always seems to start like a house on fire, then maybe just ship him out if he dies in the ass halfway through

except for this year, not really after a quick glance at '11 and '10.

talentless hack. Won't be taking (30+?) uncontested marks every game.

pass.

ok, to be fair, that was harsh- but fact is if he gets any attention, he crumbles.

still a pass. :P

Heppell21

Lock up until he starts to drop off like he did this year.