2013 Player Profile: Brent Stanton

Started by elephants, September 09, 2012, 11:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyparso

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 13, 2012, 02:58:51 PM
Seriously considering picking him had him in 2011 and although he had a slow start he finished the year brilliantly. If the tag goes to Goddard and Watson I cannot see why Stanton can't average close to 120.

It seems a lot of people are put off by his second half of season. He did have a 2 week hamstring injury which may have slowed him down either side of having those weeks off. His work rate in the second half of the season was definately down on the first half, whether injuries or CBF because the Bombers kept losing, we don't know.

But you can't ignore the fact of 10 100+ scores including scores of 193, 175, 153 and 140 (all first half 2012), who knows, a Goddard and Watson tag may free Stanton to do what he wants, no one tags 3 players, and 120, maybe 130 could be possible.

Anyway, I got burned by him last year so dificult to pick straight up for round 1. Guess this is a 50/50 risk to take or leave but 2012's inconsistancy has him a little too pricey for the risk. If priced only from his second half season form then will nearly lock him in.

GM

I had him last year aswell.
Yes, he can and does smash out some huge scores,but.
Struggles with any close tag.
Probably will look at a more consistent return without the huge his and lows.

Driride

A lock for sure and watch Goddard fall away as he gets the tag  ;)

mezzoculo

Quote from: Driride on December 13, 2012, 07:11:24 PM
A lock for sure and watch Goddard fall away as he gets the tag  ;)
It will all depend on where Goddard starts (mid or def) but I reckon other Bombers now offer better value than the ex-Saint. Call me crazy, but I may start with Stants and Hepp but not Goddard...

Sorry to have derailed the thread!

Andrew

For what it's worth at this stage, I'm in for Stanton. Got some easy fixtures early and with the addition of Goddard the Bombers should have more possession overall and someone like Stanton (or Swan) just rack them up when their team dominates possession. Will look for pros and cons throughout the NAB Cup but generally with the midfield premiums they don't show their full form until the season proper anyway. With 30 trades to change things if it goes wrong (straight to Swan I will go!), I'm giving him a crack.

Adamant

Did a bit of research into Stanton's scores and how they are affected with Zaharakis playing.

Brent Stanton

2012 Average: 106.5 average

Average with Zaharakis in the team: 116.6

Average with Zaharakis injured: 88.5

Now this could just be a coincidence, but Stants finished 2011 very strong... as did Zaha.

Football Factory

I just cant fit him in ahead of my other round 13 premo's.. gonna have to be an upgrade target for me. I dont want to compromise my other starting players in other positions to fit him in bye wise. Im going with Cotch instead

Ricochet

Quote from: Adamant on January 08, 2013, 05:22:54 PM
Did a bit of research into Stanton's scores and how they are affected with Zaharakis playing.

Brent Stanton

2012 Average: 106.5 average

Average with Zaharakis in the team: 116.6

Average with Zaharakis injured: 88.5

Now this could just be a coincidence, but Stants finished 2011 very strong... as did Zaha.
very nice Ada. I also think Essendons form slump and injuries in the second half of the year directly affected Stants form

Adamant

With 44 trades, Stants is an absolute lock for me now.

essendon2

Quote from: Adamant on January 11, 2013, 04:41:23 PM
+1
I don't know who to get rid of though :\

I really like Jack.....

Jack + Wright
vs
Stanton + Cloke

Holz

not for me but with 44 trades i wont hesitate to trade him in round 2 or 3 if he comes out firing.

GM

Quote from: Holzman on January 11, 2013, 05:09:42 PM

not for me but with 44 trades i wont hesitate to trade him in round 2 or 3 if he comes out firing.
+1.I dont like him first up against the crows.

Ziplock

why not? crows dont exactly have an A grade tagger.

GM

Quote from: Ziplock on January 11, 2013, 05:14:49 PM
I think away from home and the crows first up will keep his numbers down Zip.
Only my thoughts mate.I will probably go with Redden with the bullies first up.

timmyparso

Quote from: Ziplock on January 11, 2013, 05:14:49 PM

Esendon are typically no good playing Crows or Port at AAMI Staduim