2013 Player Profile: Tom Rockliff

Started by elephants, September 09, 2012, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hagebear

Quote from: Ajax22 on October 05, 2012, 03:09:02 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 05, 2012, 11:08:41 AM
He has the ability, but even if he is DPP next year would you get him based on what you saw this year when playing fwd?

I know I wouldn't, only if Voss could categorically say he will play mainly mid then you'd be on him, but you cannot be sure of that.  :-\

He should almost certainly get enough mid time to keep a 90+ average which would be easily good enough for a forward. Then there's the chance that if his midfield time does get increased he can pull a 110 average as a forward and be a must have. There's not too many guys in the forward line that can pull those numbers

Well potentially with no Beams, Danger, Stevie J or Sidey in the forwards he could average 15-20 more then the next best forward. I'd rather take a risk on someone with that potential then a Taylor Walker of Colin Sylvia etc.

strikes91

Quote from: Adamant on October 03, 2012, 01:37:42 PM
I heard he was also carrying an injury through the year?

Could of been the knee he hyperextended against north i think it was. it looked like a pure ACL but he came back on so....

Ricochet

Well I'm guessing the addition of Moloney has basically ruled out a return to full time midfield duties for Rocky

Jroo

Has been confirmed Rocky will get DPP in 2013!!!  ;D
Quote“@Lumpy0305: @McRathDT Tom Rockliff will be a fwd/mid in 2013 #2013aflprospectus http://t.co/oJUEbD0y”

Sweetness

Quote from: JROO8 on November 21, 2012, 10:13:35 AM
Quote“@Lumpy0305: @McRathDT Tom Rockliff will be a fwd/mid in 2013 #2013aflprospectus http://t.co/oJUEbD0y”

Great news.
However I will still be watching pre-season closely as to what role he will play. If he keeps playing up forward I would probably still pass him up.
Though the potential to avg 110+ is a nice risk to take I guess.

Adamant

flower yes!! :D

Adamant

Quote from: Sweetness on November 21, 2012, 11:17:54 AM

Great news.
However I will still be watching pre-season closely as to what role he will play. If he keeps playing up forward I would probably still pass him up.

This year was worst case scenario for Rocky, and he still managed a 93 average. Even if he replicates that, you've got yourself a top 6 forward. Lock him in.

Sweetness

Quote from: Adamant on November 21, 2012, 11:25:09 AM

Great news.

This year was worst case scenario for Rocky, and he still managed a 93 average. Even if he replicates that, you've got yourself a top 6 forward. Lock him in.

Yes, but his average is skewed by the midfield time (and massive scores) he produced early.
If he doesn't get this opportunity then his average would have been rubbish..
I'm by no means saying he is a bad choice (will probably be in my team)... just to be a little wary before claiming "ultra-lock" status.

Scrads

Quote from: Sweetness on November 21, 2012, 11:28:57 AM
Quote from: Adamant on November 21, 2012, 11:25:09 AM

Great news.

Yes, but his average is skewed by the midfield time (and massive scores) he produced early.
If he doesn't get this opportunity then his average would have been rubbish..
I'm by no means saying he is a bad choice (will probably be in my team)... just to be a little wary before claiming "ultra-lock" status.

He didn't play mids early, those scores came from the forward line. I vividly remember him having 7 or 8 shots at goal in ROund 1 v Melb playing forward.

GM

Most people considered or had rocky in their team as a mid in 2012.
So as fwd he is must have in my team.Replaces sidebottom as a minimum.
Go get em Rocky.

Shihan7

Windigo

Rocky a lock for me and the Red-Rock combo is back for 2013.

Holz

looks to me no risk all reward.

As a forward should go 90+ has the potential to go well above that. Im happier having rocky in the sqaud than say buddy.

Grazz

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 10:43:43 PM
Had Rocky since the start this year....very frustrating to say the least.
Lock if MID/FWD....No chance as pure MID.

Same here mate, got the irits with him that much i said never again, two months later with the loss of Fyfe, Beams (both of those expected) Sidebum (bit of a surprise) he's looking very good again.

strikes91

well he aint going to be unique any more. will be up there for the most picked player