2013 Player Profile: Tom Rockliff

Started by elephants, September 09, 2012, 10:38:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cicjose

haha just because his Dream Team went backwards does not mean his ability did

LaHug

I'd be happy with a forward that can average 90+ so I will definitely consider him. If he gets forward status AND the Lions get Tippett, you'd have to look at him seriously. Surely, if the Lions have a pair of key forwards, he'll get more midfield time and average over 100. Even if he averages exactly 100, it's great for a forward.

Adamant

Quote from: LaHug on September 25, 2012, 10:27:22 PM
I'd be happy with a forward that can average 90+ so I will definitely consider him. If he gets forward status AND the Lions get Tippett, you'd have to look at him seriously. Surely, if the Lions have a pair of key forwards, he'll get more midfield time and average over 100. Even if he averages exactly 100, it's great for a forward.
+1
Already averaging 93, which is awesome for a forward, but he also has the potential to avg 100-110+

Hagebear

If he gets his DPP (which he will) he'll be the first picked in my team, and I will be LOL'ing at everyone who doesn't pick him because he averaged 93 last year.

Ricochet

Quote from: Hagebear on September 25, 2012, 10:45:58 PM
If he gets his DPP (which he will) he'll be the first picked in my team, and I will be LOL'ing at everyone who doesn't pick him because he averaged 93 last year.
god i hope so

Ajax22

Quote from: Hagebear on September 25, 2012, 10:45:58 PM

+1 He essentially had worst case scenario this year and still ended up with a premium average for a forward. If he gets dpp it's pretty much a no risk option for staying premium with the very real chance to become a super premo in that line. A lot of players have a flat year at some point in their career and there's every chance that he will come out next year and ave 100+. At the very least I can't see him dropping off below 90 (barring injury).

For the record even as a pure mid without Tippet I'll consider him next year. Wouldn't mind taking him over Murphy as that cheaper midfielder to be able to afford Swan and Ablett

Football Factory

Quote from: LaHug on September 25, 2012, 10:27:22 PM
Agree .. ill take the risk if he gets DPP

Footy_Boiz

Struggled through this year with him but am willing to give him another crack if a foward

Adamant

I heard he was also carrying an injury through the year?

Footy_Boiz

Quote from: Adamant on October 03, 2012, 01:37:42 PM
If he was that could examine the prolonged time foward?

nrich102

Quote from: Adamant on October 03, 2012, 01:37:42 PM
He didn't look injurd.

Spinking

If DPP then I'll be on him.  Although his 2012 scores were below what we would expect, they were still more than reasonable for a forward.  Problem was that many people paid alot for him.  I'll be much more receptive at this price and with DPP.

me

Quote from: Spinking on October 05, 2012, 10:27:39 AM
If DPP then I'll be on him.  Although his 2012 scores were below what we would expect, they were still more than reasonable for a forward.  Problem was that many people paid alot for him.  I'll be much more receptive at this price and with DPP.

actually they weren't - take out a few of his decent high scoring games (which incidentally came playing as mid eg. vs cats/dogs) and that average would be decidedly worse, and not reasonable for a premo fwd

additionally a point that has been raised multiple times, but is still valid, he pretty much can only score above 80 against bottom 4 teams - we also learned he can't cop a tag either

Windigo

He has the ability, but even if he is DPP next year would you get him based on what you saw this year when playing fwd?

I know I wouldn't, only if Voss could categorically say he will play mainly mid then you'd be on him, but you cannot be sure of that.  :-\

Ajax22

Quote from: Windigo on October 05, 2012, 11:08:41 AM
He has the ability, but even if he is DPP next year would you get him based on what you saw this year when playing fwd?

I know I wouldn't, only if Voss could categorically say he will play mainly mid then you'd be on him, but you cannot be sure of that.  :-\

He should almost certainly get enough mid time to keep a 90+ average which would be easily good enough for a forward. Then there's the chance that if his midfield time does get increased he can pull a 110 average as a forward and be a must have. There's not too many guys in the forward line that can pull those numbers