Greg Broughton - Freo Dockers

Position: BACK

Price: $374,000 (Fanplanner)

2011 Games: 21

2012 Games: 15

2011 Average: 84.1

2012 Average: 78.9

2012 Tons: 2 + a score of 99

Summary: Before I start, could we just keep the comments clean :P Despite being absolutely terrible this year he averaged a respectable 79 after three years of greatness with 84, 87 and 81 points per game coming in from the mature aged recruit. When played in the right position and when allowed the time and space, Gregory is a DT slut. Under Lyon's new game plan however the Duffman is seemingly favoured.

Verdict: ... Waiting. I wanna lock him in simply because he will be a massive POD as a mjority of people have been crucified by him. Personally, I haven't which is why I'm so eager! I think that Duffield taking up the slutty half back role and potentially Goddard to join him next season will hamper his scoring too much. No thanks!

Ele's prediction: Average of 75 if Goddard heads West or 87 if all things remain as is.

Kellogscrunchynut

Steering clear of Broughton this year unless he somehow finds consistency.

Adamant

hmmm I've never been burnt by Broughts....might take the punt  ;)
haha nah...if there werent so many good premo defenders this year then I would possibly consider, otherwise no thanks.

LF

Hell no not in a million years
Lyon moves him around too much he is also used as a tagger causing his DT scores to suffer

elephants

New I would forget to mention something! The tagging role...

Thanks LF :)

henry

No thanks. Didn't have him this year thankfully but I don't expect things to improve much,

Ricochet

its a hard one because the first half of the year Lyon was still experimenting and trying the implement his game plan. Even guys like pavlich and barlow were below par DT wise. Then everything clicked. Broughts was played in positions that benefit the team not our DT scores. And he was playing with injuries.
I'm going to wait and see on this one. i think freo's "lock down defenders" are pretty much set atm so he might go back to his DT relevant ways. im not overly keen on him but im just saying don't count him out

Windigo

...Wouldn't be surprised if he comes back and destroys it.

Will probably turn out to be one of the steals of the season at his price..... :P

Still a NO from me.  ::)

Toga

KoopKicka

Ziplock

slightly tempted.

but it's more probable I'll castrate myself before I grab him again.

Scrads

Were you all just waiting for me to rock up ? :)

This won't be the last we hear of GB this off-season, trust me ;)

KoopKicka

Quote from: Ziplock on September 09, 2012, 10:25:14 PM
slightly tempted.

but it's more probable I'll castrate myself before I grab him again.

LOLOLOLOLOL! ;D

elephants

Quote from: Scrads on September 09, 2012, 11:27:33 PM

Hahaha you're dp did play a part :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Scrads on September 09, 2012, 11:27:33 PM

Your boy. Lock him in. You better have him >:( lol.