2013 Player Profile: Toby Greene

Started by KoopKicka, September 09, 2012, 07:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

essendon2

Quote from: Barra on January 05, 2013, 01:04:09 PM
I wouldn't be so sure about that with Moloney there. From reports he is tearing up the off season at the moment...
When Redden paired with Rockliff, he was a jet? Will Moloney make a difference?

Do you think Rocky, Moloney and Redden will all share a MID role; and in turn, will diminish each of their DT outputs?

Barra17

I don't really know. I am weary of it though. I want Redden in my team, had him last year, but unsure of how it will affect him. I have Rocky starting at the moment, even if he does drop to 90, its still good for a FWD. But not willing to take the risk on Redden at this stage. If he does drop, he won't be in that top bracket anymore.

essendon2

Quote from: Barra on January 05, 2013, 01:22:35 PM
I don't really know. I am weary of it though. I want Redden in my team, had him last year, but unsure of how it will affect him. I have Rocky starting at the moment, even if he does drop to 90, its still good for a FWD. But not willing to take the risk on Redden at this stage. If he does drop, he won't be in that top bracket anymore.
http://dreamteamtalk.com/2012/12/21/jack-redden-deck-of-dream-team-2013/

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-10/no-secondyear-blues-for-green

Greene keen to avoid second-year blues

FAR FROM being content with a record-breaking rookie year, Greater Western Sydney teenager Toby Greene is making huge strides in pre-season training as he prepares for his second AFL campaign.

Greene was a revelation in 2012, compiling 539 disposals across his 20 games, more than any other 18-year-old in AFL history.

His average of 28.4 touches per contest ranked a lofty eighth overall in the competition, putting him ahead of the likes of 2012 All Australians Josh Kennedy, Brett Deledio and Patrick Dangerfield.

So is he resting on his laurels after a stunning debut season? No chance.

Pick 11 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, Greene is already showing improvement, winning the club's opening 3km time trial, conquering some sand dune runs â€" previously a pet hate â€" and adding some strength to his 179cm frame.

"I want to get stronger and fitter and faster," Greene told AFL.com.au.

essendon2

Quote from: Ricochet on January 10, 2013, 03:54:37 PM
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-01-10/no-secondyear-blues-for-green

Greene keen to avoid second-year blues

FAR FROM being content with a record-breaking rookie year, Greater Western Sydney teenager Toby Greene is making huge strides in pre-season training as he prepares for his second AFL campaign.

Greene was a revelation in 2012, compiling 539 disposals across his 20 games, more than any other 18-year-old in AFL history.

His average of 28.4 touches per contest ranked a lofty eighth overall in the competition, putting him ahead of the likes of 2012 All Australians Josh Kennedy, Brett Deledio and Patrick Dangerfield.

So is he resting on his laurels after a stunning debut season? No chance.

Pick 11 in the 2011 NAB AFL Draft, Greene is already showing improvement, winning the club's opening 3km time trial, conquering some sand dune runs â€" previously a pet hate â€" and adding some strength to his 179cm frame.

"I want to get stronger and fitter and faster," Greene told AFL.com.au.
If i were to make a team purely on gut feeling, he'd be in there with Andrew Swallow and Matthew Wright

SydneyRox

I really love this kid, would be a big ask to lift to the level of scoring you need for a mid keeper in only his second season.

essendon2

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 10, 2013, 04:22:36 PM
I really love this kid, would be a big ask to lift to the level of scoring you need for a mid keeper in only his second season.
Averaged 108 in his last 10 games of 2012!

SydneyRox

Quote from: essendon2 on January 10, 2013, 04:24:17 PM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 10, 2013, 04:22:36 PM
Averaged 108 in his last 10 games of 2012!

I know - and 8 of his last 9 he had more than 30 possessions (the 9th was 29). Between 2nd year blues, his body getting used to the workload and getting some more attention this year, his price makes him an awkward risk. He is priced higher than Fyfe, Robbo, Daisy, Sloane, Judd...

Ziplock

he's a beast.

but he's pretty pricey.

Andrew

I'm seriously tempted, but I may have to upgrade Ball to be able to start him. Could be forced not to start Ball if he's not playing round 1, so that could make things interesting. But at the moment, it's too difficult picking a 2nd year mid like Greene ahead of other proven mid premiums.

The_Captain

Not for me.. Too many better options around his price..

essendon2

Quote from: noto07 on January 10, 2013, 11:11:57 PM
he'll average more than any other mid sub 520k

SydneyRox

Quote from: essendon2 on January 11, 2013, 01:51:14 AM
Quote from: noto07 on January 10, 2013, 11:11:57 PM

thats a big call we can come to look back on

grimreaper

At this stage i'm willing to take the risk, hope the kid kills it..

Adamant

Quote from: SydneyRox on January 11, 2013, 03:10:46 AM

I think Fyfe might have something to say about that.