2013 Player Profile: Dayne Beams

Started by Toga, September 09, 2012, 07:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scrads

Quote from: Adamant on September 30, 2012, 03:46:21 PM
Quote from: Scrads on September 30, 2012, 02:28:37 PM
Completely sold now. A dead-cert for my team next year now.
Why? because he'll be unique? Im gonna wait and see how Ball affects his scores.

Nothing to do with being unique, simply because he is a gun and I love him !!!

Adamant

Quote from: Scrads on September 30, 2012, 03:47:24 PM
Why? because he'll be unique? Im gonna wait and see how Ball affects his scores.

Haha I know, but arent you a little worried how the return of Ball will affect him? I had him locked, but now I reckon he is safer as an upgrade target.

Scrads

Quote from: Adamant on September 30, 2012, 03:50:06 PM
Quote from: Scrads on September 30, 2012, 03:47:24 PM

Haha I know, but arent you a little worried how the return of Ball will affect him? I had him locked, but now I reckon he is safer as an upgrade target.

Not at all, Beams plays a different game to Ball. Even if Beams spends a tiny bit more time forward I honestly think he will make up points with goals like he is capable.

Toga

think i agree with adamant here

he is a gun, but i think i'll be starting swanny and pendles over him and will look to him as an upgrade target

Matty411

Everyone keeps saying that Ball's return will have a negative effect on his output but I couldn't disagree more. Just have to look at the last 8-10 games of 2011 as proof. Ball and Beams played every game together with Pendles and Swannie and he avg'd about 125 (prior to his breakout 2012 season).

I reckon he's a gun and here to stay. Young and ever improving, I'm gonna say that Ball's return may be slower than ppl expect and may only avg 80-90 whilst Beamer and Swannie will both go for 125-130 in 2013.

Mark my words.

Scrads

Quote from: Matty411 on September 30, 2012, 10:14:14 PM
Everyone keeps saying that Ball's return will have a negative effect on his output but I couldn't disagree more. Just have to look at the last 8-10 games of 2011 as proof. Ball and Beams played every game together with Pendles and Swannie and he avg'd about 125 (prior to his breakout 2012 season).

I reckon he's a gun and here to stay. Young and ever improving, I'm gonna say that Ball's return may be slower than ppl expect and may only avg 80-90 whilst Beamer and Swannie will both go for 125-130 in 2013.

Mark my words.

You definitely aren't alone on this one Matty :)

Toga

Quote from: Matty411 on September 30, 2012, 10:14:14 PM

Mark my words.

i don't disagree with you here, and i don't think many people doubt that Beamer will come out and have a huge season next year.

thing is, swan is the greatest DT player at the moment, and scott pendlebury is underpriced and is also a proven gun.

the problem is fitting three pies into the same team - it probably can't be done, and so we have to pick two.

for me, its most likely gonna be swan and pendles

Toga

In the 'Magpie report' on AFL.com, the report on Beams said:

QuoteDayne Beams
A great season. From an opposition perspective, you knew he had talent in kicking goals but you didn't know whether he could run enough and play in the midfield. Probably the positive of Luke's injury was that [Dayne] was able to grab the chance to play in the midfield. Would we have given him as much chance if Luke was playing? It's an unknown. But we've gained a quality player; he really stepped up, his fitness is terrific and he worked really well with [midfield coach] Robert Harvey.

The references to the effect Luke Ball's injury had on Beamsy makes me very nervous - I don't think I'll be picking him round 1, but will look to him as an upgrade target.

Footy_Boiz

Just tank a bye round and go swan, pendles, beams and ball  :P

Shihan7

Colliwobblers

People said upgrade target last season too, he was too "overpriced" at the start of the season.

I got him in the week after he returned from injury. Would have started him regardless of the price and will again in 2013.

Swan has been my first picked for years, this season Beams will be my first picked MID only and all

SUPER STAR !

me

am a bit late to this thread, but had to post as i just cannot agree with ppl saying that ball returning will affect his scoring

he was collingwoods best mid all year (didn't he win their b&f?), extremely damaging, hence why he was copping the #1 tag in the back half of the year - also got a lot of the harder and more telling possessions all year while swan was slutting around in the backline/wing

there is no way buckley is going to change his role this year!

Football Factory

Quote from: me on January 07, 2013, 11:31:40 PM
am a bit late to this thread, but had to post as i just cannot agree with ppl saying that ball returning will affect his scoring

he was collingwoods best mid all year (didn't he win their b&f?), extremely damaging, hence why he was copping the #1 tag in the back half of the year - also got a lot of the harder and more telling possessions all year while swan was slutting around in the backline/wing

there is no way buckley is going to change his role this year!
You make some good points there..me . I think he will play a little more forward but will make up for the points lost with goals ..this guy can kick goals with his eyes closed

kilbluff1985

don't think Ball will affect him

Ball will pretty much replace Wellingham's scoring

Scrads

Don't think even Bucks would be stupid enough to say 'Right, our best midfielder from last year 22 year old Dayne Beams spending more time forward will certainly help his development and improve our chances of winning games next year'. Should not and will not play more time forward (not saying he won't play any time forward, because even the great Dayne's of this world need rests, just saying his midfield time will not decrease).