2013 Player Profile: Dayne Beams

Started by Toga, September 09, 2012, 07:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Dayne Beams (Collingwood Magpies)

Position: M/F (likely to lose DPP status and become pure mid)

Price: $549,200 (FanPlanner)

2011 Games: 14

2012 Games: 21

2011 Average: 101.6

2012 Average: 116.4

2012 Tons: 17

Big games: Melbourne (155), Hawthorn (147), Bulldogs (137), Adelaide (132)

Summary:
What a year. Nothing much to be said about this young star. Took the DT world by storm this year, started the season slowly, not tonning up before Round 5 but from this point onwards only scored under 100 once for the rest of the season. 10/17 tons were 120+, 15/17 were 110+. Has the ability to go huge with a ceiling of 155, however the only speedbump in his selection is his likely loss of DPP status, and given the plethora of Collingwood mids we would love to select, it will be hard to fit all of them in given the bye rounds will be still there in 2013.

Verdict:
Put simply, this guy is a star, the apprentice to the DT Pig himself. He was a must have in the forward line this year, and if he continues his development, will be a must have next season even as a pure mid. As mentioned, it might be difficult to start him, however, given we will want to select Swanny and Pendles in the same starting side. For me, it will be between Pendles and Beamer as to who makes my starting lineup, and the other will become an upgrade target over the course of the season.

Predicted 2013 average: 120

Adamant

Same thinking as me....Swan locked, with Beams and Pendles fighting out that M2 slot.

elephants

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 07:34:51 PM
Same thinking as me....Swan locked, with Beams and Pendles fighting out that M2 slot.
+1

He was so good to me this year!

KoopKicka

Will
Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 07:36:17 PM
+1

He was so good to me this year!

+2

Toga

No doubt they will all blitz it next season.

In writing that up though, one thought that came to me was: Given Swan will be around 80K more expensive than both of those two, dare we not pick Swanny in our starting teams? Pendles and Beams could well average similar to Swan next season imo... Just a thought anyways ::)

Master Q

Not sure on Beamsy. Want to pick him but if he loses DPP I'm not sure.

Ricochet

even being a fwd he still finished with a top 5 average this year
probably a lock for me, even if just a pure mid

elephants

How do we think Luke Ball's return will effect Beamer??

Adamant

Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 08:42:25 PM
Not sure tbh...I reckon if anything, Sidey and Daisy will be pushed more up fwd.

Toga

Quote from: Adamant on September 09, 2012, 08:45:37 PM
Quote from: elephants on September 09, 2012, 08:42:25 PM
Not sure tbh...I reckon if anything, Sidey and Daisy will be pushed more up fwd.

I'm with adamant there

But at the same time pendles and Swan are the only two who I am absolutely confident will retain their midfield positions   :-\

Windigo

Doubtful he will get a starting gig in my team let alone a spot at all next year if only pure mid.  :-\

Shihan7

Same here, there are too many options in the mids and will be hard splitting them.

KoopKicka

Going for a mid price forward line, so lock in GAJ, Swan, Pendles and Cotch 8)

Justin Bieber

I think Pendles just, because a little cheaper.

Toga

Quote from: whatlez on September 11, 2012, 05:14:38 PM
I think Pendles just, because a little cheaper.

That's What I'm thinking too lez...