2013 Player Profile: Reece Conca

Started by elephants, September 09, 2012, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roti

Still more keen on concs then rancey for dreamteam, but seeing as the tross is already averaging mid 80's in supercoach he is very much on the radar there!

I agree, don't see myself picking him as it stands today unless i need to find an extra 100k or so, but time will tell, a lot of time to go before that thursday versus the blues

Toga

AFL.com has gone and listed likely starting lineups for Round 1, 2013... and Reece Conca has been listed as a likely sub for that game.. I know we can't tell for sure who will be sub and what not right now, but I just don't like that uncertainty surrounding a player we'd be paying 350K for

roti

Adamant

Toga

The_Captain

Dont think he will ever be a awesome dream team player. Good afl player but.

Toga

Does this make anyone think that Conca could be in line for some more midfield time next year? :o

I feel as though this is saying that Richmond has recruited the likes of Conca and Ellis with intentions of having them play off half-back or the bench, rotating into the midfield as second-tier mids... He's starting to tempt me now ::)

QuoteThe Club boasts the likes of Trent Cotchin, Brett Deledio, Dustin Martin, Shane Tuck and Nathan Foley in its starting midfield, but has recently recruited for need, to assist its front-liners when they are involved in rotations.

In the last two drafts, the Tigers have selected Brandon Ellis and Reece Conca with its first picks, and in the recent free agency period, acquired Chris Knights from Adelaide.

Source: http://www.richmondfc.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/6301/newsid/150838/default.aspx

roti

I'm certainly claiming him if he works out, like i said, midfield is where he plays best, its where the club wants him to play and i think its the place where there is a spot for him. Add in 3rd year breakout theory and high draft pick la la la, i think he will have a good year. Wouldn't consider him in the mids but down back.... But shh don't let him catch on

Toga

Quote from: roti on November 12, 2012, 10:17:36 PM
I'm certainly claiming him if he works out, like i said, midfield is where he plays best, its where the club wants him to play and i think its the place where there is a spot for him. Add in 3rd year breakout theory and high draft pick la la la, i think he will have a good year. Wouldn't consider him in the mids but down back.... But shh don't let him catch on

Ok shh, our secret ;)

But yeah I agree with you on all fronts, could make a nice cheap defender breakout next year, however there is some risk involved as he is kind of inbetween positions at the moment - not guaranteed heaps of mid time, but not really fitting into our back 6. Will watch over preseason

Shihan7

Could be a nice POD if he gets more mid time. Unlikely I'll start him, but will still keep an eye on NAB form.