2013 Player Profile: Ben McEvoy

Started by Adamant, September 09, 2012, 07:02:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Quote from: elephants on October 17, 2012, 08:28:06 PM
Absolutely adore this bloke. Just slides under the radar and gets the job done each week.

Is in my team atm but is battling with Sauce for that #1 spot.
Me too, extremely consistent and will hopefully be semi-unique.
Still considering Goldy over him for value though :P

essendon2

did another RUC come to Saints??  ???

tbagrocks

Didn't they get Tom Hickey from GC?

Ziplock

yeah, traded goddards compensation for hickey.

Adamant

Yep, Hickey going to the Saints is one of the reasons why I'm 50/50 on him. Will need to see how he goes in NAB before deciding, but Sandi is hard to ignore atm.

essendon2

his injuries are such a concern though :( ! what about Jacobs/Goldstein/Roughead?

tbagrocks

Played 21 games in 2011, 16 last year, Hickey coming worries me a little but he's still developing yeah? Played 1-2 games?

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 09, 2013, 07:57:57 PM
Played 21 games in 2011, 16 last year, Hickey coming worries me a little but he's still developing yeah? Played 1-2 games?
i meant "injuries are a concern" for Sandi! haa

Adamant

Quote from: essendon2 on January 09, 2013, 07:42:40 PM
his injuries are such a concern though :( ! what about Jacobs/Goldstein/Roughead?

Who cares when you have 30 trades. As long as you don't stack the rest of your team with injury prone guys, I think he's a risk worth taking.

Jacobs is a very safe option, but I don't think he does enough around the ground to push a 95+ average.

Roughy had a career best season, and I'm not sure how he's going to improve on a 92 average. His DPP is handy though.

Goldy was locked in for me as soon as H-Mac left, but this article has me turned off.

essendon2

Quote from: Adamant on January 09, 2013, 08:06:47 PM

Who cares when you have 30 trades. As long as you don't stack the rest of your team with injury prone guys, I think he's a risk worth taking.

Jacobs is a very safe option, but I don't think he does enough around the ground to push a 95+ average.

Roughy had a career best season, and I'm not sure how he's going to improve on a 92 average. His DPP is handy though.

Goldy was locked in for me as soon as H-Mac left, but this article has me turned off.
I have also read that Goldy article, but he doesn't mention H-Mac once! Goldy averaged 99 in 2011 without H-Mac, and 87 without him in 2012.
If you take out all of Goldy's injury struck games + H-Mac included games, he averaged 91!! at 407k, jump on board

Adamant

Quote from: essendon2 on January 09, 2013, 08:28:17 PM
Quote from: Adamant on January 09, 2013, 08:06:47 PM

I have also read that Goldy article, but he doesn't mention H-Mac once! Goldy averaged 99 in 2011 without H-Mac, and 87 without him in 2012.
If you take out all of Goldy's injury struck games + H-Mac included games, he averaged 91!! at 407k, jump on board

True, but he averaged like 87 without H-Mac and removing injury affected games. :P

Anyway, I'll see how he looks in the NAB cup. At 407k, he does represent good value... but Norths change of gamestyle doesn't suit him at all.

tbagrocks

This is what worries me

Rd 15 v West Coast 55
Rd 22 v Fremantle   24 :P
Final  v West Coast  60

Can't compete against the best ;)

nrich102

Quote from: Adamant on January 09, 2013, 07:39:05 PM
Yep, Hickey going to the Saints is one of the reasons why I'm 50/50 on him. Will need to see how he goes in NAB before deciding, but Sandi is hard to ignore atm.
Hickey won't play unless there's an injury.