2013 Player Profile: Dyson Heppell

Started by Kellogscrunchynut, September 09, 2012, 06:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Quote from: tabs on January 10, 2013, 02:50:00 AM
Quote from: SydneyRox on January 07, 2013, 05:45:56 PM
Nice article, helps answer Tabs questions... more midfield time is encouraging...
yes it does and at the moment im starting Heppell over Goddard. Goddard will be an upgrade target after the byes
The fact that Heppell is $439,00 and a DPP also helps

Ziplock

nah, already on a team I'm *pretty* sure.

kilbluff1985

Nice article, helps answer Tabs questions... more midfield time is encouraging...
yes it does and at the moment im starting Heppell over Goddard. Goddard will be an upgrade target after the byes

geez that's a ballsy move

Capper

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 10, 2013, 02:52:35 AM

geez that's a ballsy move
yep but i have explained why in rate my team

Andrew

That has to be a waste of a trade. Yes, Goddard is the highest priced defender, but he's a lock to be in the top 6 scorers for defenders and thus is a lock to start with. Even if he has a slow start, but he's also a lock this year because he's at a new club. Scored well last season even when demotivated. All that said, I've got both Goddard & Heppell locked.

Capper

Quote from: Andrew on January 10, 2013, 02:57:37 AM

That has to be a waste of a trade. Yes, Goddard is the highest priced defender, but he's a lock to be in the top 6 scorers for defenders and thus is a lock to start with. Even if he has a slow start, but he's also a lock this year because he's at a new club. Scored well last season even when demotivated. All that said, I've got both Goddard & Heppell locked.
im not going to be trading Heppell for Goddard, it would be a rookie that would be upgraded to Goddard. Goddard scored alot better second half of last season, but this isnt a Goddard thread

Andrew

Quote from: tabs on January 10, 2013, 03:05:01 AM
Quote from: Andrew on January 10, 2013, 02:57:37 AM

im not going to be trading Heppell for Goddard, it would be a rookie that would be upgraded to Goddard. Goddard scored alot better second half of last season, but this isnt a Goddard thread

Yep, I never said/thought you were saying Heppell -> Goddard. Using a trade to bring in Goddard at all is a waste of a trade though.

tbagrocks

Lol whut? Non of this really makes sence :P

Starting with Heppell is fine, not starting with Goddard is risky but he could start slowly as could anyone, I think Essendon could start with a flurry again making Goddard a must

How is it a waste of a trade to bring in another keeper into your team? Assuming you upgrade a rook/midprice

essendon2

Quote from: tbagrocks on January 10, 2013, 11:36:27 AM

Starting with Heppell is fine, not starting with Goddard is risky but he could start slowly as could anyone, I think Essendon could start with a flurry again making Goddard a must

How is it a waste of a trade to bring in another keeper into your team? Assuming you upgrade a rook/midprice
+2
(1 for Essendon starting well ;) and 1 for "how's it a waste?")

azza707

Quote from: essendon2 on January 10, 2013, 12:08:51 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on January 10, 2013, 11:36:27 AM

+2
(1 for Essendon starting well ;) and 1 for "how's it a waste?")

Agreed as well, that means upgrading to any premium is a waste of a trade....?  :o

I can maybe understand what you mean in that if hes definitely going to be in the top 6 you may as well pick him now and leave him, and upgrade to players you were uncertain of and can see how well they do when its 8 rounds in yes? is that mnore what you mean. That point is fine also, but not picking a ceratin top 6 isnt wasting a trade. there could be many reasons for it, could be due to bye structures, could be to save some coin initially, and some players really like to look for value when selecting their team. All boils down to preference/strategy.

Im one who doesnt have goddard myself at the moment. but that could change in a blink of an eye, just need to see him in NAB first.

Andrew

It's a waste of a trade to not start a bloke who you already consider a lock for this season. If he's such a lock as an upgrade target, why not start with him all year and use the trade elsewhere? Unless you're going for League and it somehow fits in with that strategy (I still wouldn't understand that), but for overall points Goddard is a lock to be a top 6 scorer in DEF, so why use a trade to bring him in, missing his points in the meantime?

Both Heppell and Goddard will compliment each other extremely well and will increase the scoring of both. Only risk is Goddard being sent forward but at full strength, it seems unlikely Essendon would need to do that and their defence needs him back there.

azza707

Quote from: Andrew on January 10, 2013, 07:26:29 PM
It's a waste of a trade to not start a bloke who you already consider a lock for this season. If he's such a lock as an upgrade target, why not start with him all year and use the trade elsewhere? Unless you're going for League and it somehow fits in with that strategy (I still wouldn't understand that), but for overall points Goddard is a lock to be a top 6 scorer in DEF, so why use a trade to bring him in, missing his points in the meantime?

Both Heppell and Goddard will compliment each other extremely well and will increase the scoring of both. Only risk is Goddard being sent forward but at full strength, it seems unlikely Essendon would need to do that and their defence needs him back there.

Seriously don't understand what you're trying to point out. You cant have all top 6 defenders to start with, well you could but the rest of your team would be shower. Therefore whether you start with Goddard and trade in Waters or start with Waters and trade in Goddard its the same thing?

Andrew

Quote from: azza707 on January 10, 2013, 07:42:16 PM

Seriously don't understand what you're trying to point out. You cant have all top 6 defenders to start with, well you could but the rest of your team would be shower. Therefore whether you start with Goddard and trade in Waters or start with Waters and trade in Goddard its the same thing?

Outside of the fact that Goddard has been a top 6 defender with proven durability for a number of years now. You find justification in the price rise from other players and pick them ahead of premiums, but outside of maybe Gibbs no one gets close to Goddard in defence as a sure thing to be a top 6 defender come years' end.

egosbar

had to have a laugh at this thread while reading , i think pendlebury is a lock as well but i dont have him yet same thing , so is it a waste bringing in pendlebury at some point or should i get him in now and drop ablett and get ablett later or will that be a wasted trade too  lol  ,  if you dont start goddard you will be assuming he will drop price or at worst hold his own or you are getting much better value elsewhere which is understandable

not starting goddard is fine , risky but fine as a strategy ,to be honest he wasnt in my initial squad but i fitted him in now and i think he stays, if goddard blows for the first couple of months or get injured your way ahead by not having him and will pick up a trade on the rest of the field

Barra17

Hi,

I hear theres lolz up in this thread...  ;D